Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front lawn of a neighbor's house must've had a spill on trash day.

For nestled in the awakening grass are dozens of pieces of a jigsaw puzzle.

And Wes is FASCINATED by them. He keeps picking ONE up and carrying it around on his walks. Sticks out of his little mouff. He's as proud as a peacock carrying them around.

It's been DAYS of this. Every morning. Another piece.

WESLEY LEAVE IT!!!

And then I get the beaten-dog look as he lets his prize drop.

I'm such a meanie!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
So buy him his own puzzle and give him a piece to take on his walks everyday. :D

You big meanie....

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I keep telling him: If you want to CARRY something, I'll haul out the dumbbell, you dumbbell.

THAT he won't carry for a zillion dollars.

Thus explaining the lack of CDX next to his name.

Still -- I love the doof. He's getting to be an old man, but he's still our prince.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I love him, too! :)

MaceFace needs to carry something on her walks, too. It's freaking adorable. She prances about, all proud of herself. :D

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Awww, sweet old man :)

How did his appointment go with the cardiologist?

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
D'awww. You should get him one of those toddler puzzles with the huge wooden pieces so he can carry something unswallowable.

Or how about a tennis ball? Do they have tennis balls in Pennsylvania?

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How did his appointment go with the cardiologist?
Haven't gone yet. I KNOW I KNOW!!

We're trying to shake loose the $$.

Or how about a tennis ball?
Funny you should say that. Wes is the most UN-toydriven Lab I have ever met. I think it has to do with the age of the dweckettes when he came home: They were all into little Barbies and other small toys, and we were CONSTANTLY after him: Leave it. LEAVE IT! LEAVE IT!!!. I think he got it ingrained in his head that he's not to touch ANYTHING, when all we intended was that he only touch his things. He can't differentiate now.

Been like that for years. He's got a box of toys that garners a -- meh.

With ONE exception: Lindsay sent him a Bobo (long yellow fuzzy dachshund-type toy from the PetSmart commmercials). He loves that thing, but not for play. He'll carry it from room-2-room, flop down next to it, and rest his li'l white chin on it, snoozing away.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Lindsay sent him a Bobo (long yellow fuzzy dachshund-type toy from the PetSmart commmercials). He loves that thing, but not for play. He'll carry it from room-2-room, flop down next to it, and rest his li'l white chin on it, snoozing away.
That is seriously freaking adorable. Theo had one of those for about five minutes before he gutted it.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
With ONE exception: Lindsay sent him a Bobo (long yellow fuzzy dachshund-type toy from the PetSmart commmercials). He loves that thing, but not for play. He'll carry it from room-2-room, flop down next to it, and rest his li'l white chin on it, snoozing away.
Awww sweet boy! Now tell Dad you want a puzzle too!:)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
That is too stinking cute, Dan. I need to see a picture of that! :)

Theo had one of those for about five minutes before he gutted it.
That's how my 3 are. The pet store by me sells unstuffed animals. Comes in a fox, bunny, skunk, squirrel, and something else. They just don't have any stuffing in them, they're great! We the fox, bunny and skunk. I wish I could remember the name of them........They get carried around like prized possessions.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Dan you are such a BIG OLE MEANIE HEAD!!!! :mad: :mad:

Let Wes man have his puzzle piece for crying out loud! He's not hurting you, is he??? At worst, he'll eat it and poop it out a few days later.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
At worst, he'll eat it and poop it out a few days later.
How cool would it be for him to assemble the thing with his *******, one piece a day? Now THAT would be awesome -- better than some dumb coonhound stuck in a tree!

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
How cool would it be for him to assemble the thing with his *******, one piece a day? Now THAT would be awesome -- better than some dumb coonhound stuck in a tree!
Yes, I think that would be worth a call to David Letterman's office.

Painful, but amazing!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts