Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pix coming, I promise. But I wanted to update you on our day Friday.

We were part of an all-day program at the local elementary school, courtesy of our obed instuctor. As many of our advanced dogs as could make it were part of a dual rotation of presentations, one on 'Dogs are our Friends,' and the other was the Reading Education Assistance Dogs program.

It was a LONG day, and Wes was really tuckered out when we got home, but it was a lot of fun.

And he was EXTREMELY good. Some of the kindergarteners were all over him, including a little girl who was assured that he was 'cold' and felt the need to continually cover him w/his blanket. Including wrapping it around his head, so that he looked like a little gramma wearing a babushka.

"Dad! Can you get this thing off me??"

At another point, he stood up, and another little kid crawled UNDER him!

Biggest laugh of the day:

At one point, he rolled over, and I was scritching his belly. And a kindergartener points to his sac and asks: "What are those two bumps?"

Ah, the joys of canine anatomy and physiology for six-year-olds!

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Angus gets that treatment every day here with my 2. Sounds like you both had a great day, and kudos to Wes for being to tolerant of the poking & prodding.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, and there was the little kid who pushed his fingers into Wes' mouth and asked: "WILL HE BITE ME?"

Wes had good training in all this from DW#3, who tested his limits on almost a daily basis when she was a toddler. I remember her crawling OVER him, as if he were a furry mountain, and he'd lie very, very still until she was on the other side.

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Ah, so that's why there was no Chester!! I was searching for it.:(
Sounds like you and Wes had a great time. What a great dog he is!
I'll have to check out the picts when I get home...can't see them from the work comp.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Good dog, Wes! Lots of treats from dad, I hope!

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Sounds like a great day. And Wes is such a good ambassador for the breed!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts