Just Labradors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh man. My boy had a BLAST at class last night.

He acted like a dog half his age. Bounced around. Gave kisses to EVERYONE. Wagged himself into a frenzy.

ANDDDD---- Did some really nice heeling. Neat -n- tidy come-fores. Nice F8s. And two absolutely PERFECTO recalls.

After an hour, he seemed to be tiring a little, so we sat out some exercises. I sat w/him in the corner, and he was content to put his head down and just watch for a little while I did ear-skritches. He ALMOST dropped off to sleep!

A very enjoyable night.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, Dan! You going to take him every week again?
I think so, yes. I'll probably not do all of everything w/him if he continues to tucker out, but I can't see cancelling his participation altogether. Gives his brain a workout.

BTW -- The Killer Dobe WAS there last night but was a non-issue.

ANDDDD ---- One of the handlers brought the SWEETEST rescue dog. OMG she was adorable. A Lab/BC mix. About 2 or so. TRAGIC story: Was apparently dumped from a moving car in Ohio, according to witnesses. It was weeks before she could be found, and she had evidence of being attacked by feral dogs in the woods. So she is rather dog-skittish, but mostly female-to-female (she was fine w/Wesley). Rescued and homed here in PA.

To a family of morons. She needs to walk to potty. They aren't interested in doing that. So they put her outside for 24 STRAIGHT HRS, hoping to 'break' her of the habit of pooping on a walk. Because they couldn't be bothered (makes me wonder about the screening that some rescues use, but that's another issue). She then came inside and -- surprise! -- pooped on the floor. Family called one of our owner/handlers who fosters and dumped here there.

Her name is Lucky. She was a swee'pea from the tip of her nose to the end of her tail.

If I could get Eileen to agree to be a 2-dog house, I'd take her in a blink.......

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Oh, I'm so glad he had a fun night! This is so good to hear. :)

I know the boys are always besides themselves when we return to the club after an absence. This Saturday they will be going back to agility classes for the first time in more than a month. I predict that they will be in rare form. :)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I am so glad to hear that Wes went to class and had a great time. It would have been a shame that he couldn't do something he loved because of what happened. WTG Wes!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.