Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok don't anyone get upset with me, just a little fun with stereotypes, after all we all have stereotypes of others no matter if we really share them or not, besides this isn't really a bad stereotype. ;)

Ok one thing the so called yuppies popularized is drinking of bottled mineral water, so that brings us to out picture for today. A rare pair of log buildings in Custer County, said to be the first in the county. (Most likely used all the logs in the county to build them. ;D) A house and the store/Post Office, New Helena Newbrassky, no longer there.

Typical scene through out the west, till we go in close. ;D

Victoria Springs Mineral Water, a local product. I have drank that water from there and it is very good water, but not bottled at this time. In fact Victoria Spring is now a State Recreation area.

In case anyone is curious it is hard at this time to decide if wine or mineral water was the first product bottled and it dates back a few thousand years. And yes much of it from a lot of places were sold through out this country in the 19th century.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
WOW. it's hard to believe bottled water started way back then. i wonder how much it cost? thanks for posting the pic of the day.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did any one notice Billy the Kid's Cardigan sweater in yesterdays picture. ;) (Date to the very late 1860's and were named after J.T, Brudnell, 7th Earl of Cardigan.)

Still lookin' for the proper SUB. (Sport Utility Buggy.) ::)

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
*bumping* because the 'history lesson of the day' is always so interesting. :)

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I don't usually reply in these threads but I did want to say how much I am enjoying the history lessons. :)

G

·
Glen I feel like you're teaching me about my own home area, since NE and the part of Colorado where I grew up are so similar. Thank you.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I enjoy doing it, I study these pictures a lot when I have nothin' to do. I have shocked a lot of folks on the historical forums who thought they knew it all.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I didn't think bottled water existed until they came out with Perrier.
I'm serious.

Once again, a very cool picture and history lesson. :)

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
I don't respond either, but I do read and love these threads. History was my favorite subject in school, so I'm fascinated by all the pictures in them.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts