Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was forwarded a video about Wellness Dry Dog Food with Whitefish in it and thought that anyone feeding it might want to watch it. I am very skeptical of things posted on youtube but decided to post and let you watch for your self or at least look at the food before you feed it to your own dog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB6K2BBd518

Kelly and Amber

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Huh. Well, that's interesting. He sure went to a lot of trouble to make that video.

I once found a screw in a drsfostersmith treat. Yes, a whole, actual screw. About half an inch long. Embedded in a dog biscuit.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Wow.....

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Well the flaw in his argument is the obvious pressure he is using to make those bones cut the tomato, zucchini, and his finger. In a dog's esphogus and stomach - no such pressure would be happening. Yes, grinding up to a powder does seem like an easy fix - but it is not so clear to me that this is the huge problem he see it to be.

Anyway - I feed a Wellness recipe with no fish in it.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does seem to be a rather well done video. I would think that the pressure of the esophogus contracting might be hard enough to cause some problems, though I personally doubt that this would cause any problems in a lab sized dog.
If this was an animal rights video they would be saying that you shouldn't feed fish to dogs and not suggesting that the manufacturers grind the fish bone better. Either this guy is really out to protect others or he has some grudge against both Petco and Wellness. He doesn't say that any of his dogs (or any dogs) have been injured..
I was going to call it a bogus video because small things should settle to the bottom of the bag, but I then realized that dog food is moved and stored on its side so the small pieces of bone could then be on top when he shoots his video. I would love to see what people who feed the wellness with fish on here have to say, if they have seen similar bone bits?

Kelly and Amber

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Kzunell said:
It does seem to be a rather well done video. I would think that the pressure of the esophogus contracting might be hard enough to cause some problems, though I personally doubt that this would cause any problems in a lab sized dog.
If this was an animal rights video they would be saying that you shouldn't feed fish to dogs and not suggesting that the manufacturers grind the fish bone better. Either this guy is really out to protect others or he has some grudge against both Petco and Wellness. He doesn't say that any of his dogs (or any dogs) have been injured..
I was going to call it a bogus video because small things should settle to the bottom of the bag, but I then realized that dog food is moved and stored on its side so the small pieces of bone could then be on top when he shoots his video. I would love to see what people who feed the wellness with fish on here have to say, if they have seen similar bone bits?

Kelly and Amber
I'm tempted to buy some just to see!

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
bS (before Sally for those of you who don't know how one bad bad dawg has changed our life!) I fed wellness fish and sweet potato
I never saw a bone and I feed a total princess who points out oddly shaped kibble let alone funny things in the food... I also watch my food pretty carefully as I have found odd bits (usually clumps of kibble sort of glued together) in nearly every brand I have fed

I'm a quest for kibble again - it's driving me nuts- maybe I'll post a whole thread on this quest - gah

1 - 8 of 8 Posts