Just Labradors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank goodness it wasn't me watching her, I'd never hear the end of it! She fell asleep on the couch while we were reading the paper this morning. She had a pillow about 5" tall between her and the edge of the couch, and she has never rolled all the way over from her back. I went to take a shower, and while I was in the shower Neil went out to his truck to get something. When he came back in, he could see Sam sniffing where Darby was on the couch. He didn't want Sam to wake her, so he went to look at her. She wasn't on the couch, so he walked a little further and she was laying on the ground looking at him. Ugh. I had only been in the shower a couple of minutes when he brought her up to tell me about it, so I know he was only outside for a minute or so.

She seems totally fine, didn't cry at all, no bumps or bruises, but I'm keeping a close eye on her. For the life of me, I can't figure out how she got off the couch though. The pillow was still in place, and like I said, she's never rolled over from her back and has never even scooted very far on her back, but she must have rolled from her back and over the pillow. It's like that feeling when your dogs get in to something, you feel like the worst parent in the world, but I'm trying to tell myself that she's not the first baby to roll off a couch. It certainly won't happen again.

·
Registered
192 Posts
That happened with Connor and once I dropped him...yeap I am the worst parent in the world. I wacked his head once on the door too. I was holding him walking and I thought his head was clear of the door and well nope. He was ok but man I cried and cried. I felt so horrible.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I fell down a flight of stairs holding my older son when he was about 3 months old. Scared the crap out of me - but he was OK - just upset.

He also rolled off the couch and a bed when he was an infant - happens very fast. He again was just fine - babies are a little more durable than they seem.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm glad I'm not the only one! Thanks for making me feel better. :)

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I fell down the stairs while pregnant and carrying Lanna...tripped over the bottom step and lost my grip on her...she fell and hit her head. I felt HORRIBLE. We both ended up at Urgent Care just to make sure everything was ok and we were fine.

I think all parents have those moments!

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
OK this is a bit long but...
DD was 2 months old we went out to dinner with friends, it was winter. DH was showing his friend what a good daddy he was and put her in her snow suit, when he handed her to me so I could out her in the car she started to scream! Well, one leg of the snow suit was empty!! Yep her leg was bent backwards up her back! As soon as I "Fixed it" she was her old happy self. She is 18 now and soon off to university, other then not being flexable (either am I ) she is 100 %.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Try not to be too hard on yourself (or Neil!), these things happen. :( Paul dropped Michael when he was about 3 and he bit a hole in his tongue. Poor Mike still has the scar today at 22. Thankfully, Paul was sitting on the floor with him at the time, or it could have been so much worse!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts