Just Labradors banner

well my dinner bombed

385 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  imported_gailatmsu 
#1 ·
My Indian friend came for dinner tonight-we had an awesome time- great company, conversation. but I don't think they liked the food. What we ate. Spinach dip was out when they came-- She like-he didn't then I served Broccoli salad-she loved -he didn't, mashed potatoes he like she sort of did, asparagus, carrots and Green beans-- all bombed, I served hot cross buns-he loved, she didn't, ham-neither of them triedeeven though I asked if he would eat it before I made it .and for desert apple crisp (again something she wanted to try) he didn't like, she liked. I think what I am going to suggestion next time we get together is to combine our 2 foods. Like I know they eat spagetti so I'll make that and she can bring a indian dish typ thing. Excpet for the dinner the night was a great evening :)

#5 ·
A combo meal is a good idea! Sorry they had mixed reactions, but sometimes, it does have to be trial and error when you first make meals for new friends.

#12 ·
I'm sorry, but the food wasn't really the important issue since you all had a great time together. :) I love all the things you served. Hopefully next time, the food will be more of a hit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.