Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Elias wasn't allowed on the living room furniture until he was over a year old. He was a very hyper puppy and there was no way he would settle down and just lay down so we didn't allow him to be up there.
I knew he had been sleeping on the living room chair when we weren't home, but he never did it in front of us. The night he came home after being neutered he just could not get comfy and kept eyeing up the chair so I allowed him up there and that was it.

Well I wanted to follow suit with Wyatt, wait until he was a well behaved more mature dog. Problem is.... he's so chill and just wants to be up there with us to lay down. He stands on the floor and stares with this look saying "please let me up there with you!" My husband has picked him up and let him up there a few times, I keep telling him no.

Well tonight my husband just said "that's it, he's allowed up.. no more discussion!"

ALRIGHT, I give up.... because he's just so darn cute!

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
:D Sure he belongs there, just hope they continue to let you on there. Hahaha. Sometimes Princess wants the entire couch for herself.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
You're like a second child parents. Much more laid back. ;)

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Rangermom said:
You're like a second child parents. Much more laid back. ;)
He-He . . . Second child parents.

We had decided that we weren't going to let anymore dogs on furniture, but my hubby caved too. Bauer had this way of getting up on the couch that took a very long time. He would put one front paw up, wait a while, and then the other front paw, wait a while, put a back paw up, wait a while, and finally the last back paw. He would then curl into this little ball. He did the whole thing while looking away, and making no eye contact. After he had done this a few times, my husband said, "He went to so much trouble to get up here. I felt bad telling him to get down."

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
SUCKER indeed. But I could not resist Wyatt. NO way! Sully problem is she wants to just play with the other dogs up there and that is not allowed. In order to stay on the sofa she needs to chill. She did last night for about an entire 5 minutes. But when it comes to sleeping she does prefer the dog bed or crate. That is nice.
Wyatt is such a good sweet boy and all he wants is to be close to his people ;)

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cinderbaylabs said:
SUCKER indeed. But I could not resist Wyatt. NO way! Sully problem is she wants to just play with the other dogs up there and that is not allowed. In order to stay on the sofa she needs to chill. She did last night for about an entire 5 minutes. But when it comes to sleeping she does prefer the dog bed or crate. That is nice.
Wyatt is such a good sweet boy and all he wants is to be close to his people ;)
EXACTLY. I main reason I didn't want him up there was because I didn't want him playing or walking around. Well, with Wyatt, that's not a problem!

BTW, he's been sleeping in our bed with us for about 2 weeks.... so easy! :-*

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Sully has slept with us twice. She wants to be up there but she gets to hot. Gryphon was the same why as a pup. He would have rather got down and be in his crate.
Sully usually ends up panting and hot and wants to get down. So I let her down and she goes right in her crate. Honestly I don't need another dog in bed. 3-4 is enough LOL This morning I woke to Gryphon, Lily, Rhumba and Kramer all in bed with me.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sam, don't feel bad! When I had the HV for adopting Lexi, they asked if she would be allowed on the furniture. I said no! :no:

Well, that was a short-lived NO, shortly after I got her, I allowed her to sleep in the one old chair. Well now, she crawls up on the sofa with me to snuggle & I have, more than one time, come out of the office to find her curled up on the corner of the sofa sound asleep. :snore:

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cinderbaylabs said:
Sully has slept with us twice. She wants to be up there but she gets to hot. Gryphon was the same why as a pup. He would have rather got down and be in his crate.
Sully usually ends up panting and hot and wants to get down. So I let her down and she goes right in her crate. Honestly I don't need another dog in bed. 3-4 is enough LOL This morning I woke to Gryphon, Lily, Rhumba and Kramer all in bed with me.
For the most part Wyatt sleeps between us, but he eventually makes his way up to my face and wants to lay his face in my neck!

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
huh, imagine that. I don't know how they do it but they wrap us around their paws. It seems like they always win in the end. :laugh:

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Before I brought Tal home I had decided that he would never get on the couch or bed. That rule lasted about 10 minutes once he got home. :crazy: So ever since, he, Midnight, and now Barney, allow me to sleep in their bed sometimes. lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts