Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy works in my neighbourhood so we run in to eachother now and then. I first met him a month ago. We have talked a bit. He has a golden female. He was the one who started the conversation. And other times I've been busy talking with other people, or been far away, but I would say he is flirting. He seek eyecontact and one time he turned around when he saw me. But I can't be sure he really is flirting, he might be married or have a girlfriend. If that would be the case of course I won't bother him again.

I have no idea how to find out if he really is interested. I don't want to be too pushy and scare him off OR embarrass myself. But I can't just let it go without trying.

So do you guys have some juicy ideas?! :p

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I don't have any good tips I've been married too long and forgotten all the ways, lol. But I wanted to say good luck!

·
Registered
578 Posts
You could pass him a note in study hall. I'm just teasing. Flirt back!! See how it goes. Ask him stuff about his dog-start on common ground. See what kind of feel you get from that and see if he wants to get coffee (or drinks if that's your thing) sometime. GO FOR IT!!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Does he have a ring on?
you should wait till you see him on like a thursday or friday and ask him what him his weekend plans, if he says "oh me and my wife are..... or me and my girlfriend are....." then you know.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
man, i wish i knew the answer to that one!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I'm kinda direct. I would ask if he is seeing anyone right now. And if he says 'yes' then say well your wife/girlfriend is very lucky.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Most guys find it refreshing when a girl initiates conversations. Call it flirting if you want ,but a direct approach is nice. You could use the dogs as a starting point. I wouldn't determine a guy's marital situation based on whether or no he wears a wedding band. I don't wear one because it it is dangerous in my line of work.

I bet there are millions of "could be" couples who never got together because each one was afraid to make the first move.

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BrownDog20 said:
Does he have a ring on?
I don't think he has a ring on... But I guess with his work it wouldn't be strange if he took it off. I mean if he was afraid to lose it.

Apollopuppy said:
I'm kinda direct. I would ask if he is seeing anyone right now. And if he says 'yes' then say well your wife/girlfriend is very lucky.
I really wish I could do that. I'm way too shy, that's my problem. ;)

Great advice, keep them coming.

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
labs4life said:
Most guys find it refreshing when a girl initiates conversations. Call it flirting if you want ,but a direct approach is nice. You could use the dogs as a starting point. I wouldn't determine a guy's marital situation based on whether or no he wears a wedding band. I don't wear one because it it is dangerous in my line of work.

I bet there are millions of "could be" couples who never got together because each one was afraid to make the first move.
That's what I'm afraid of. I can't just let it go without finding out if we were meant to be.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I was shy when I was younger. I know how you feel. Thank God my wife wasn't shy many years ago. ;)

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Ask him for some dog advice, whether you need it or not.....guys will go on and on about something like that, we can't help it.

Oh and wear something low cut....that always helps to keep us focused. I know we're pigs.......so use that to your advantage. ;)

Good luck.

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
luke from georgia said:
"your golden is beautiful. is your significant other a dog persion, too?" ;)
That's a great idea! But I haven't seen the dog. He just told me he has a Golden. :)

gundogpa said:
Ask him for some dog advice, whether you need it or not.....guys will go on and on about something like that, we can't help it.

Oh and wear something low cut....that always helps to keep us focused. I know we're pigs.......so use that to your advantage. ;)

Good luck.
No problem! ;)

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Let Emma do the work for YOU! Don't be so busy next time he is around...walk away from your friends, let Emma meet his golden. Ask does he take her anywhere special to play and then say... " So, what's your sign?"

KIDDING!

but really, let the dogs bring you together just like in Lady and the Tramp!

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Ok, the next time you see him, ask him when he's going to bring his Golden....because you REALLY LOVE Goldens....(and if you don't, fake it sista.) Emma once had a Golden buddy that she loved playing with! Once you're married and all, you can tell him you told a big ole lie just so that you could talk to him. ;)

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ROTFLMBO @ Charla.

Actually I LOVE goldens so that wouldn't be a lie....And Emma have/had golden buddies... so I guess that wouldn't be a lie either. :p

1 - 20 of 47 Posts