Just Labradors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATED - Well, Ginger is headed to her "fur"ever

WELL, IT IS OFFICIAL GINGER IS OFF TO HER "FUR"EVER HOME.

HER MOM, GINGER (I KNOW SORT OF IRONIC) AND HER DAD GORDON PICKED HER UP SHORTLY AFTER 3:00 PM. HER NEW BIG BROTHER MURPHY WAS IN THE CAR WAITING FOR HER.

I WILL ADMIT I CRIED :sad: WHEN SHE LEFT, I AM GOING TO MISS THE LITTLE MONKEY!!

home this afternoon. Here is a photo of Lexi & Ginger digging in the 20+" of snow in my yard. I am not sure what they were looking for, but they did find the lawn.

I can honestly say I survived my first try at fostering & am not a "foster flunkie". I will admit it is very bitter-sweet. Lexi & I will both miss the little yellow monkey, but I won't miss the work that came with a 6 month old puppy.

Lexi gets a couple hour reprieve, before the next foster arrives. Foster No. 2 is Daisy, a 1 year-old yellow. Daisy is traveling with her pal DeeDee (3 year old yellow). Since DeeDee's foster family can't get her until tomorrow, we are having a labbie sleepover tonight. We shall see if my little house can survive 3 labbies!!!

I am told Daisy is already crate & house trained, which will be a nice change from having to worry about what the little one was up to.

Hopefully Lexi will warm up to this one a little faster than she did Ginger. I think after this one, I am going to take a short break as I need to focus on studying for my US Customs Broker Exam & I have a business trip the week after my exam.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Good for you! Good luck to Ginger in her fur-ever home. Can't wait to see pictures of Daisy. I'm going to start sending pictures of your fosters to my friend who lost her black lab Buddy at Christmas time, if that's okay with you. We're not far from you and I'm hoping she'll open her heart to another rescue.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It wasn't as difficult as I expected.

I thought I would get more attached to the little one & not want to give her up, but that didn't happen. She is definitely a little cutie, but she was a lot of work.

I kept telling myself, "you are helping her on the path to a good home with a good family" The gal who did her "fur"ever families HV yesterday absolutely raved about them. They've had labs previously & have two presently. So Ginger is going to have 2 older fur brothers. The family lives on 2 acres with 1/2 acre fenced for the pups. They abut some watershed land which undeveloped. She'll get to run & play with her brothers on all the property.

It wll be all good, I know it will!!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
That's terrific Deb...I'm really proud of Lexi...she totally rose to the occasion and was an excellent role model for Ginger and will be for Daisy also! Congrats on a job well done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.