Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed to work a bit early so I wouldn't have to drive in a nasty storm, got in ahead of it, got me a good spot to watch and brought the radar up on the phne and watched. Had a vortex just south of us, would miss us by about 3-4 miles so I watched for it. Dang rain came and the hail, couldn't see a durn thing. Then the sirens blew and I headed in so I wouldn't get locked out.:D

The boss clocked me in early and sent me to watch the east door, we had a confirmed touch down about 3-4 miles east of us, rain had passed by then, will have to download the pictures at home later and go to it and see if I got anything from the backside.;)

Anyway, it's passed by and headed to the NNE and is still dangerous with vortexs showing up on radar. Hope everyone comes out OK.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Good luck. Stay safe.

You're in Nebraska, aren't you?

We have areas just west of us with tornado, severe wind, hail watches but as yet nothing too dangerous for Topeka until tonight.

This afternoon I needed to drop a letter off at my acccountant downtown. I drove there, parked, and had difficulty opening the car door and even more trying to walk across the street. Winds were 35 mph/56 kmh with gusts to 50 mph/80 kmh.

Kansas gets its name from the Kanza Indians who were native -- Kanza means "people of the South wind". That's the direction the wind is blowing from.

An emergency weather announcement just came on saying the area west of us shouold expect severe winds of 70-80 mph/82 kmh - 128 kmh with possible tornados, hail, etc.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Please stay safe Glen! Who else can I count on for my cool history lessons and tasty cinnamon buns? ;)

I hope everyone comes out okay too...thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in Lincoln, the one that touched down and didn't do any damage was just east of town. Lack of solar heat saved our butts on this one.

We've had little F-1's and F-0's around since early afternoon.

Radar shows vortex's popping up yet north of Omaha, don't know if any have touched down.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stay safe my friend!

I'll try, but there is something about the dang things that gets me all excited and I want to get close enough to see them, plus take their pictures.;)

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Been in MN since 77, haven't seen one yet, and have no desire to either. You guys in KS and NB get a lot more than we get. Stay safe. Forget about taking the pictures.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts