Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kodi and Clover got into a ***** fight this weekend. I had Clover on leash and thought she and Kodi could get great each other. (This was their first face to face when one or the other was not in a crate or ex-pen. Hoss and Belle have gotten along o.k. with Clover off leash). I know that one dog on leash and one off can lead to trouble, but I wanted to have some control. Belle tried to defend Kodi, but Kodi still got the worse of it...10 stitches on her right front leg. Belle got nailed in the face, but no broken skin. Now, Belle will have nothing to do with Clover and runs to her ex-pen when I start to get Clover out.

Sigh, I wanted to get Clover into Doggie Day Care, but can not now. (Clover is spayed). Clover is otherwise coming along great. She is getting over her biting/mouthing issues, comes when called (while on a long line), is accepting Collar Conditioning well, but is still a bit pushing and displays some dominance issues toward me. But we are working on it. I just wish I could have her and Kodi together!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Yikes! Which one is the nasty *****? Clover or Kodi? Sounds like a bit of both!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Sorry for your problem, sounds like it was really bad. Clover is the new adoptee right? She was probably not well socialized with other dogs.

I really have no advice, except for getting professional help. If it was their first presentation they might be able to overcome it and become friends. Who´s the boss in your house? (besides you of course!)

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yikes! Which one is the nasty *****? Clover or Kodi? Sounds like a bit of both!

Ya, both. Kodi is definitely a dominate girl, but just before this I had introduced her to a choco pup I am boarding and they got along beautifully! Lots of running and playing. Actually Kodi got along better with the pup(s) (pups now I have two 4 month olds boarding) a lot better than I thought she would.

I called the owner after (actually the father of the owner) and he said , "Ya, I knew she had an aggression/fighting problem with other dogs".....Alrighty, that might have been nice to know beforehand...

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for your problem, sounds like it was really bad. Clover is the new adoptee right? She was probably not well socialized with other dogs.

I really have no advice, except for getting professional help. If it was their first presentation they might be able to overcome it and become friends. Who´s the boss in your house? (besides you of course!)
Kodi without a doubt. Ya, Clover is the new adoptee

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
****, Karen.
Well you knew she was a fence fighter, so I'm not surprised. Maybe it'll just take more time for them to deal with eachother. :)

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
****, Karen.
Well you knew she was a fence fighter, so I'm not surprised. Maybe it'll just take more time for them to deal with eachother. :)
I hope so. They had not snarked at each other through their ex-pen/crate for a week beforehand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts