Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jake has been doing something different today. There is a chair that he always sits in or sleeps in which is right behind the computer desk. Well today he started circling that chair, and he will just keep circling it..it seems very odd to me. He eventually jumped up in the chair and is now sleeping. Any idea why he's doing this? Another unrelated question I have is what is considered labored breathing? or abnormal breathing? Thanks so much, you guys are lifesavers! I swear I am so much more of a worry wart when my husband is gone!

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
It's probably an odd variant on nest building which a lot of dogs will do before they lie down.

Labored breathing is just what it sounds like - the dog is having a hard time breathing or is breathing very heavily and uncomfortably. The dog would appear somewhat distressed. If you see your dog breathing heavily without prior exercise and appearing distressed I'd call a vet. It is not like normal panting.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I agree with BigBrownDog. He's just doing a nesting routine. My guy do the same thing either on beds, chairs, couch, or the floor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts