Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might need to go into just losers - sorry if it should...just thought I would get more response here...

Well, I don't know if it is the new year itself (no official resolutions made here), or seeing others weight loss goals, or just realizing that I am the biggest I have ever been and it is time to do something about it because I am in 2 weddings this year, but whatever it is...it IS time to do SOMETHING!

I have done weight watchers before and it really does work (IF you stay on it!). And I do believe that going to meetings is a GREAT source of accountability. So I think I am going to do it again...

If there are any of you that have or are currently doing weight watchers, I was wondering which option would be better - the actual meetings route...or the online option. The online option seems cheaper although I do know there are GREAT benefits to going to actual meetings. Does anyone have any experience with WW online? Is there accountability there?

I appreciate any input! I am going to a meeting this evening just to check things out...we shall see how it goes! Wish me luck - I will need it!

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
I know that when my mom signed up online there was still an option to go to meetings, because she always went at least 1x every other week. Both my parents are looking into signing up again, I'll have to ask them what they're going to do.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Hubby and I did online and it worked for us. We were accountable to each other but there are forums, too. I found the idea of weekly meetings to be a turn-off because then I'd have to make the effort and I wanted the whole thing to be as easy as possible.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Can't say that I've ever tried the on-line format. I've always done the in-person meetings. For me it is about being accountable & having someone else record my weight each visit. No way I can fudge the number if someone else records it.

I do have to say, I did the 2 week free trail of the WeightWatchers e-Tools & just signed up for a 3 month membership to keep using it. My biggest problem is taking the time to journal my food & activity. Since I am on the computer all the time, I thought this might push to journal regularly since I can do it on-line. I did pretty good this last week journaling with the e-Tools, so I shall see what the scale says about it tonight.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
i did WW many moons ago and found the meetings very helpful. I tried the online this year and alothough it has alot of information I just found I wasn't going there to track etc. I know I personally need the weighing in part. maded me feel more accountable

·
Registered
692 Posts
I lost 50 lbs on weight watcher over 4 years ago and over time I have managed to put back on 25 lbs So I started 4 days ago counting points
It does work if you stay on it. I am doing this on my own so I hope I have the strength to continue Otherwise I will not get into my shorts for the cruise planned in Feb LOL

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have done both and I find that I lose focus when I only do it online. So December 2007 I joined for the 3rd time and really stuck with the program and lost the weight. Now I am on maintenance and like the fact that I am still accountable. I no longer pay for meetings but still do the online thing. I love the online points tracker and use it everyday and it helps alot. I would encourage you to check into joining online and meetings both. When I did it I found it to be the best deal. Congratulations on your decision. WW is an awesome program and really does work. I also still weigh in once a month and get daily emails from our leader who is awesome. I like the fact that it is no longer treated as a diet but a lifestyle. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. The program really works.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I am actually starting Weight Watchers tomorrow (the real life meetings)...I am really nervous...over the years, my weight has fluctuated about 15 pounds (funny, I thought I was fat at 130, then when I hit 140, I thought I was obese...I am 5'7)...what I wouldn't do to weigh 130 or 140 right now! The past few years have been extremely stressful for me for a number of reasons and my weight has ballooned up over 165 (I CAN'T BELIEVE I let my weight get this out of control :( )...basically, I guess I have reached rock bottom and recognize I just don't have the will power to do it on my own...I will report back this weekend...

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
I've been doing WW for 2 years now, and I started online, didn't do anything, joined in person and have been going ever since. There is a core group of people there that I look forward to seeing weekly, we hold each other accountable, and I'd say it's working, as I am down 115 lbs. :D even though I've not really lost anything in the last 6 months..but I haven't gained either.

G

·
I have never tried it, but many of my customers are members and have lost the weight they desired and have been able to keep it off. Good luck to you. :happy:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all your input everyone! I went to the meeting last night and went ahead and bought the monthly pass - I can go to however many meetings I would like and I have access to the e-Tools - kinda the best of both worlds. So we shall see how it goes!

Thanks for the well wishes and good luck to all of you who are in the same boat!

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Wow Dani.. what an amazing accomplishment! Congrats =)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.