Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks Raian for choosing my photo in the Black and Blue challenge - I am honored! :D

This weeks challenge will be: CLOUDS!

I love shooting clouds! They offer so many different shapes and patterns are are always unique!

So....take a picture of clouds and post it to this thread. You can enter up to TWO photos for the weekly challenge, so choose your best shots!! This challenge will end next Sunday at noon (that's April 22).

Ideally you should try to take the photo during the challenge... but we won't make you stick to this. If you have an older photo you think will work, post it. You CAN use editing techniques to enhance your photos.

Here are some of my cloud shots to get you going!

FOR NEWCOMERS...
There will be a "weekly challenge" posted each week. The person who posts the challenge (in this case me) will select the photo they feel is the best representation of the weekly topic (this week it is "Clouds").
The person who "wins" will decide what the next weekly challenge is and post a thread with that challenge... and they will decide who "wins" their challenge, and then that winner will post a challenge... etc.. etc...

The person who "wins" will decide what the next weekly challenge is and post a thread with that challenge... and they will decide who "wins" their challenge, and then that winner will post a challenge... etc.. etc...

Good luck, and have fun!!! -- Challenge ends Sunday April 22 at noon EST.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Re: WEEKLY CHALLENGE - - CLOUDS

I am going to try to do one old and one new...the sky has been cloudless as of late so we will see lol...

OLD...It's a bird...it's a plane...oh...it's clouds!

·
Registered
8,812 Posts

due to my surgery, I can't pick up my camera or type very well. I'll post old pictures just for the fun of it. These were taken with my old kodak.

·
Registered
9,926 Posts

Linda1 said:
due to my surgery, I can't pick up my camera or type very well. I'll post old pictures just for the fun of it. These were taken with my old kodak.

I must have missed something with all the upheavel with Ernie lately.

I am sorry you have had surgery.Hope you are better soon.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts

Here's my first entry, taken a couple of weeks ago. I took some similar shots today that were'nt as good. In some ways the plane draws focus away from the clouds. . but I think in some ways the plane offers a sense of scale to the huge clouds.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts

Here's my entry. I was coming back inside with Buddy, when I noticed the sun just visible through the clouds. I know the sun is centered, but it was hard to take this because it was so bright. I had to squint and try to compose the shot before the sun blinded me.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts

Well, we only had one day with clouds that came in during the evening. The next day was a total overcast day. All the other days have been cloud free. These were taken that one evening.

Not sure how I got the flock of birds!

·
Registered
2,622 Posts

Managed to get out with my camera today. Took these at sunset after a pretty intense thunder storm.

·
Registered
214 Posts

we have had NO clouds...none...not a one ROFL...I went up to jax and there were some beautiful ones this morning and I had my camera but had left it ON so of course the battery was dead :mad:Oh well...love the pics!

·
Registered
9,926 Posts

I think I am a little late. Not that my pics are good. Wanted to show you anyway. I loved the colours.The sky was so blue and the darker clouds looked so good. Haven't dollied them up.
I think the streak was a plane even though we didn't see or hear one.
Great fun. My camera is usually pointed at the ground.

ignore the date on my camera. Can't fix it.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Well, I now know that winning is really a curse!!!! :-[ Everyone's photos were SO GOOD that I don't want to have to pick a winner!! I mean it - I love them all!!!! :D :D :D

But, alas, I must pick a winner and so I have chosen Jimbo for this one. I love these clouds and the perspective!

Jimbo - you get to start a new topic with a new challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts