Just Labradors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One month down everyone! How is your weight loss going? I am psyched to say...I've lost 8 pounds. Granted 5 of those pounds are what I consider "holiday bloat" and so I really feel like I've only lost a real 3 lbs, but progress has been made!

I worked out 5 days last week. I've started adding in some time on the 3rd incline level on the treadmill during my cardio workout and I'm really feeling it in my hamstrings. Hopefully this week will go easier as I get used to it.

I've doubled my number of sit-ups and I have added a shoulder press and a tricep exercise to my weight training.

I officially no longer fit in my largest size pants which I bought around Thanksgiving ... bummer cuz they are nice pants...trying to shrink them. ;)

And my new dietary goal for this month is to cut out artificial sweetener. Rough time to try it, but I don't want to use it anymore. Hoping to see if it will resolve some of my digestion issues.

How are you doing?

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
You should try adding Kefir as a probiotic to your diet. It's better than the activia crap for diegestion issues. I make a kefir smoothie on the mornings after I run and I feel great.

Oh, weight loss for me is still steady, down 141 lbs total. Training for a 25K race in May. Up to 7 miles on Saturday. Ran 4 miles this morning in the snow and will run 3 on Thursday...cross training/strength training on M/W/F.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Wow Dani, That is awesome!!!! I'd love to see a pic of you now! The pic I remember of you is with Chance the swimmer puppy!

I am having weight loss surgery in 2 weeks. Right now I am on a pre-surgery diet high in protein, low carbs - 1200 cals a day. I am down 10 lbs in 2 weeks.
After 20 years of trying, I am positive this surgery is the tool that will get me to a healthy weight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.