Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Week 10: Places You Have Visited

Same rules as the previous contests... Post up to 3 photos by on Friday (3/19/10) by Midnight MST... Voting will run over the weekend and end on Sunday at 5PM MST... Have fun!!!

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Back in the day when I use to travel, they didn't have digital cameras! So, I scanned a few pictures that I took with my old 35mm. If these aren't allowed, just ignore.

Island of Capri in the bay of Naples

Taken from the Eiffel Tower, notice the shadow

Can't remember where in Italy this was taken. The court was fan shaped. The little girl was so cute feeding the birds.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Haven't been anywhere exotic lately, except for in the local rice fields and swamps. So here's 3 shots from today's hike at Caw Caw Plantation.

Old Rice Fields at Caw Caw Swamp

Marsh Tree

Spring Gator

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
What wonderful photos posted.

This is the Bean the Chicago. Sept 09

Niagra Falls

Falling Waters. A Frank Llyod Wright house built over a water fall in P.A. It was built for the Kaufmann family in 1936.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Nevada County CA

Lake Oroville CA. This was 2 years ago. You can see the original water level mark at the top of the banks. I hope it's filled up more since I took this. Most of this water gets piped to San Fransisco. :shocked:

Lake Madrone CA.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
In recent years our different hobbies have kept Rita and I from going places together much for vacation. Mine involve Living History events at historic sites to do cooking demonstrations. Now just because a place is a bit old, don't mean they are bad places to stay. Take this, the ward room at Ft. Hartsuff, near Ord Newbrassky nice old army cots with cotton matresses to pad them.

I was the first one there that time and got first pick, it's the one with the hat on the bed post and the quilts on it.

This is Hollenburg Pony Express Station near Hanover KS about 6:30 on a nice summer day, one of my helpers fetching water for the morning coffee:

My favorite is Rock Creek Station near Fairbury Newbrassky and the second one west of Hollenburg. This is where Wild Bill Hickok killed Dave McCandless in 1861 and got the story wrote about him in Harper.s Monthy in 1867 that gave him the nickname.

As it looked when Wild Bill was there:

And as it looks today from about the same place:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts