Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another fuggly day... raining, hot, humid. Managed to get in a ride between the rain showers.

Walking along -- trying to get some extension from her, thus my legs are really on her in this shot. Yeah, I know, tennis shoes. My foot hurt so bad today I could not manage any other shoes except my crocs, and those definitely stick in the stirrups. I'm saving money for a pair of paddock boots.

Trying to execute a turn (she wanted to see the camera)

Trotting circles, she's very tight in her neck. Heck, she's 21 years old and out of shape. We'll keep working on things...

Working on yielding to leg pressure ... she's so rusty and out of shape, and so am I.

continued.....

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A little bit. When I first got on her, she was really a bit spooked by something across the field. I couldn't see anything, but her head was way up and she was prancing, and I was holding on to that saddle horn! I do NOT want to fall. But as we continued our ride, we both relaxed more and more. I didn't want to get off, but the sky got dark again as another rain shower came upon us.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Beautiful picts! I sure would not want to fall off an horse anymore.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a variation of a tom thumb bit, the mouth piece is sweet iron. I'm thinking of putting my old O-ring snaffle back on her though.

Are the muckboots rubber?

Heck, I wouldn't laugh at them with capri's. Just wait until you see me up there in my shorts... yep, when it's that stinkin' hot outside, I just climb in the saddle with shorts on. You REALLY stick on those days ;)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Great pics, Linda!! You look good up there. :)

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Yes they are a rubber type material. I love them because they can be hosed off and my feet don't sweat in them.

Here's me in them last week with capris on.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not really feeling any stronger, but I think my hip joints have relaxed a bit. The first time I got on her, I got a tremendous cramp in my hip! Thankfully that's not happened again.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Laura, those boots... I read on the website they are rated for temps up to 85 degrees. I wonder when it's in the high 90's and 100's here if they would be too hot?

I'm thinking I probably get something leather?

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Heck, I wouldn't laugh at them with capri's. Just wait until you see me up there in my shorts... yep, when it's that stinkin' hot outside, I just climb in the saddle with shorts on. You REALLY stick on those days ;)
But do you have any skin left on your inner thigh when you climb off?

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL, yes.

It's better bareback, but when you get off you are really dirty and hairy between your legs, LOL!!!

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I love the well deserved pat picture - :) both of you look rightfully proud and happy

thanks for sharing

1 - 16 of 16 Posts