Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the hair style I have chosen for my wedding day.

It's very 1960's with a twist and it was so comfortable (wore it for 11 hours yesterday!!) it was done at 10am and these pics were taken at 6pm.... sorry I look so tired.... have been really busy with work hehe.. so excuse the bags under my eyes!

only 12 days to go and I have 7 working days left before I go on leave for 6.5 weeks. The countdown is now officially on! FH has his last week of work this week.. 5 days for him until he is on leave! I think when we get to this Saturday it was really kick in that we only have 7 days to go!

The front:

The back:

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
It looks terrific! I especially love the detail on the back. =) You must be getting so excited!

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
considering the boys almost shaved his head at his bucks this weekend just gone i am just happy he has the hairstyle he's got lol

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Just beautiful Sarah! Still amazed that you can take of 6.5 weeks and have a job waiting for you when you get back. That would NEVER happen here is most businesses.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for your kind words :)

Sharon - we do live in an awesome country I must admit :) plus being with the business over 8 years and working really hard means my manager was more than happy to accommodate my request!! But usually 6.5 weeks is not the norm, 4 weeks at a time is the most that majority of businesses allow.

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Your hair looks gorgeous, i love the detail on the back. I hope you have a lovely day and am so jealous of your 6.5 weeks off!!

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
It suits you very well. I'm very impressed with your hairdresser, I'm still trying to figure out how that back actually works... (this from the person who taught herself French braids and all sorts of twists but now very happily has short hair!)

I really like it. But you do know you'd look great whatever you decided to do with your hair. can't wait for the rest of the pictures.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Looks beautiful, Sarah! :)

I'm in awe over this :
plus being with the business over 8 years and working really hard means my manager was more than happy to accommodate my request!! But usually 6.5 weeks is not the norm, 4 weeks at a time is the most that majority of businesses allow.
Seriously? Just 8 years and you have 4 weeks given vacation time? WOW! I've been here 21 years and just last year was given my 5th week.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks beautiful, Sarah! :)

I'm in awe over this :

Seriously? Just 8 years and you have 4 weeks given vacation time? WOW! I've been here 21 years and just last year was given my 5th week.
Amy I'm confused, we get 4 weeks leave every calendar year. Most people do 2 weeks at a time or some take the 4 week block if they are travelling o/s. I don't know what u mean about the 5th week... But holy cow -- 21 years! Wow

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Sorry Sarah! Let me explain.

I think it's pretty normal for most business around here, but I could be wrong.

At hire date, you are given 1 week vacation time to take when you please. After 1 year you are given 2 weeks vacation time. At 5 years you get a 3rd week of vacation time, 10 years you get 4 weeks total vacation time, and at 20 years you get a total of 5 weeks to use as you please. They can be taken all at once, or in days, or 1/2 days.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts