Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter in-law was admitted to the hospital with pain and contractions. She is 31 weeks into the pregnancy. She has passed several kidney stones in the last couple of months, so they aren't sure if it is kidney stones or premature labor. They are doing a fetal fibronectin test now. My son is out of town today on business and very worried.

UP date: Well, the tests show that is labor. They are giving her drugs to try and stop the contractions and gave a shot of steroids to help develop the baby's lungs. It is just a waiting game now to see if the contractions stop. Thanks for all the prayers.

Wednesday: My son called early this morning to say that the meds stopped the contractions sometime during the night. The Dr. was to give Peggy another steroid shot this morning and if the contractions hadn't started up again they would send her home on complete bed rest until week 36. I just called their house, and didn't get an answer, so I'm afraid she might still be at the hospital. I told them to call me when they get home. I'll give them some more time before calling the hospital. I appreciate all the good thoughts and prayers, please keep them coming. I don't think we are out of the woods yet.

Wednesday afternoon: This morning the contractions started up again. They are mild with a strong one every so often. The doctor gave her the 2nd steroid shot and then released her to home this afternoon. She is to stay in bed for the next 4 weeks. I pray that these contractions stop once she gets settled at home.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Re: Need good thoughts and prayers

Good thoughts for your daughter in law. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts

Prayers and good thoughts are on the way. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts

You got it Linda. Hopefully she's just passing stones.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts