Just Labradors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I seriously need to vent. I'm online searching lymphoma, because we're pretty sure these are the results my MIL is getting from the oncologist today.

First...she's been complaining about pain in her shoulder for almost 8 mos. now. At first she thought she had just pulled a muscle in her arm due to pulling herself up and down after her double knee replacement last year. When it didn't get better...she finally went to the doctor...who sent her to physical therapy. After 3 months and no results...she went back and had an MRI...which leads us to the oncologist and the biopsy which we'll be hearing about later today.

Here's where I'm ticked...one of the major symptoms for lymphoma? Itching. This woman has been seeing doctor after doctor for over a year because of her all-over itchiness. First they thought it was an allergic reaction to meds, then a dairy allergy...and finally...they started sending her to tanning booths which seemed to be the only thing that helped.

And now we find that it is a major symptom? I could scream. I'm sure they've done blood tests...but if it has metastisized to her stomach because they didn't catch it quick enough....*shaking head* I just dont' know what to say... :mad:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I feel so bad for her. :(

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
how awful

a dear friend of mine's mother just had her tongue and voice box removed due to tongue cancer. She has been to the doctor nearly weekly for the last 6 months - sore throat, swollen tongue, changing voice etc
the oncologist LOOKED at her mouth and said - thats tongue cancer - your doctor is an idiot

obviously if they had suspected cancer they would have reacted differently both for your mil and my friends mom but that's really no consolation now is it :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts