Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought we were going to make it to April without one of our wet March snow falls! Since I live in Chicago, I know I should expect this, but it's still not pleasant.:( We have at least 3 inches of super wet snow and it's snowing pretty good.

view from my deck

view down my block

·
Registered
806 Posts
I was talking to my mom this morning and she asked how much snow we got...I told her it rained most of the night, but no snow. She said they got 4-5" and it's sticking! They're in Crystal Lake. You guys can keep that on that side of the lake! ;)

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
On the first day of spring some years ago, we got 8 inches of snow here in MI. I know because I had to go out to breed my ***** on that day. A drive that regularly took me 25 minutes, took me 2 hours. It was harrowing driving those roads and the ***** didn't take after all that.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
What part of Chicago are you in? I grew up in Bellwood in the 50s and Des Plaines in the 60s. Sure looks pretty! :)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What part of Chicago are you in? I grew up in Bellwood in the 50s and Des Plaines in the 60s. Sure looks pretty! :)
I'm on the southwest side of Chicago (West Beverly). It looks like we got about 3 inches of wet "heart attack" snow. It's not snowing any more. I'm sure my Lilly of the Valley will survive and I covered my bleeding hearts.:)

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
I had to drive through that crap on my way back up to school tonight. It had rained, so everything was wet, and then it was snowing HUGE giant snowflakes that stuck to everything that was wet. I saw 10+ cars in the ditches!!

Lovely pictures, but you can keep it! ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts