Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The phone has been ringing off the hook since 5 am (it is now 7:28am) 1st call was from son's school in town closed! then they called again oops we mean 2 hour delay!! Little guys school called next (town next door, small private school) closed! My work called 90 minute delay (boy I wish we were closed too!) then DD's school (private high school 30 minutes away) called closed! They were scheduled for a 1/2 day so no suprize there! Then DH call's, He left the house 30 minutes ago and lets me know the roads are really bad. Took him 35 minutes to go what usally takes 5 minutes! This in a oil tanker, my little van is going to be all over the road! Ugh I guess I should leave lots of time for my 30 minute drive.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Faced a morning of 6" snow, followed by a coating of sleet on top. It's now raining, but the rain is freezing. The trees look like God sneezed on them and coated them with snot.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
dweck said:
The trees look like God sneezed on them and coated them with snot.
Dan that is a great visual! :vomit:

I am up to the NE of the Philadelphia, we've got about 3" of snow with the same coating of ice on top of it.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
An extra 2" of snow on top of the original 1" on top of the ice beneath, it is -3F. Up from -14.
College closed, I'm home, we have power, the house is cozy and I'm not getting out of my sweats today.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
COME ON SPRING!

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I am pretty close to you and the roads here aren't bad at all. It didn't take me any longer to get in than usual. The side streets are slushy and the main roads are fine just wet. I took Route 1 in from Trenton NJ to Levittown PA and it was just went from the rain.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
we have about 8 inches of fresh snow on the ground starting from 6:00 last night to now. they cancelled our school at 5:00 this morning. DH took 2 hours to get to work on a normal 1 hour drive. our development backs up to a highway and i can see that the cars have really slowed down. that's always a good indicator that the roads are horrible. stay safe everyone and take your time.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
My school opened at noon today, only I couldn't get down my street to go in! We live on a slight hill and it's a giant sheet of ice. People who did try to drive down were just gliding down (their wheels weren't even spinning!) The main roads around here are fine it's the side streets that are sketchy.

We got about 3in of snow with about 1/2 in to 1in of sleet/ice on top. Right now we've got a crazy mix going on, slowly transitioning into freezing rain. Oh joy! Hopefully the salt trucks get here soon so I can go to school tomorrow!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts