Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been really working Remington these past two weeks in the weave poles, and we are weaning off using cheese in the poles. He's getting so fast, I'm excited. I just hope in the trial he can maintain focus on me long enough to finish them (we only have to do 6 as it's AKC Novice). We've been doing 12 successfully, and immediately turning and doing 12 more, turning once again and doing 12 more. So that's 36 weave poles before he gets his cheese reward.

Trial on Sunday. Our Goal - Keep him in the ring with me. Our wish - get a Q!

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Neat!

I actually got Caleb out and ran him on some of the equipment our agility instructor had out for the class. HE DID THE WEAVES! They were six of them but he did them and I didn't have to direct him through. I was shocked. He even did the A-frame but it's pretty low. The issue is when it gets higher. May be after he's done in obedience we'll play in a little agility. When I went to put him back in the x-pen so Pat could start her next class he didn't want to go. That was nice to see.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
That's great..Robbie does 12 + weaves great in class but still can't manage to do 6 in the Novice Ring..I think it's funny (not) that I have him in Excellent FAST and novice everything else..LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts