Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what we've come to? That people don't see the tastelessness of even contemplating something like this? For the record this has nothing to do with my personalt feelings on abortion, I would feel the same way if a person put their birth video on a public site like Youtube. i mean... it's Youtube, people! Have we no class? No dignity? No self-respect? Is everything "OK"? Next you'll see people Youtubing their bowel movements... oh, wait.

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyl..._demystify_procedure_receives_death_thre.html

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
How nice. The whole world gets to watch a baby die.

What's next? Euthanasia Night on MTV?

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
How sad, what has happened to our world. Is this the best we can do for the future of our children, our country? I'm sure God is really hurt over the turn of events in the world.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Some things are meant to be private.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Everyday when I see or hear of something tragic or horribly wrong, I try to find something wonderful. It's the little trick I do. It provides me with balance. It is getting more and more difficult to find the positve things to offset the bad.

and that is sad.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I was trying to ignore this thread, but it's comments like this:

Fucking Slob...special place in hell...or at least I pray for it every day.
Praying for someone to go to hell - doesn't sound quite Christ-like to me. Perhaps instead you could pray for better sex education programs starting early that teach viable ways to prevent pregnancy, for more women to have higher self-esteem, for those living in poverty to see that they can escape it and to have the motivation to do so. Because I'm **** sure that praying for those who feel their best option when faced with an unplanned pregnancy is an abortion to go to hell isn't doing **** for the problem. It's comments like those that I suspect led this woman to make her video ... fairly common response to criticism, rather than hiding when people try to shame her she attempts to become even more public in defiance.

Do I support her deciding to video/tweet/whatever her experiences with RU-486? Eh, I don't think it's necessary (Planned Parenthood has plenty of literature on what to expect, as does The Google) and it's pretty crass. I do however, support her right to chose what to do with her body - without death threats or other abuse she's been receiving.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I agree that the hell comment is over the top and unwarranted.

But as to this -----

her right to chose what to do with her body.
---too bad her daughter/son never got the chance to make the same choice.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
You have your opinion, I have mine.

I suppose my choice to pray for her to go to hell after killing another life, is much the same as, or worse in your eyes, as her choice to take that life. You support her choice, but not mine. Mine of course bing a thought in my head and hers being a real life physical act that just ended another human life...who had NO CHOICE to live or die. And to ice that cake, she "tweeted" about it.

Yeah, I stick to my original comment.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Why did 800 people care to receive blow-by-blow Tweets? I just don't get it. I agree that society is effed up.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I think Mother Teresa said it best,
"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
You have your opinion, I have mine.

I suppose my choice to pray for her to go to hell after killing another life, is much the same as, or worse in your eyes, as her choice to take that life. You support her choice, but not mine. Mine of course bing a thought in my head and hers being a real life physical act that just ended another human life...who had NO CHOICE to live or die. And to ice that cake, she "tweeted" about it.

Yeah, I stick to my original comment.
Oh you're free to pray however you want; I just find your prayers incredibly ironic.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I suppose my choice to pray for her to go to hell after killing another life, is much the same as, or worse in your eyes, as her choice to take that life. .
My guess is, that you don't have to pray about it. Thou shall not kill . . . I think God has a way of working these things out himself.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts