Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not all the time, but over the past few days Guinness has been limping. Seems to be from his back right leg. We have checked the pads, nails etc to see if there was any injury but couldn't find any. He hasn't done anything out of the ordinary lately...no long walks or excessive exercise - just regular nightly retrieves and walks with hubby. Do dogs get pulled muscles like humans do? I'm guessing its something like that...maybe he slipped on some ice while running or pulled something. Seems a little lethargic but everything else okay. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
24 Posts
How old is he? I have a 4 year old female (Maggie) she limps evey now and then for no apperant reason. I would call my vet just to be safe and given the jolliness of most labs the lathargic behavior would bother me most of all. I've just thought always better to be safe then sorry, hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
I'm not sure how old Guinness is, but when Abbey was younger she had "growing pains" and would limp on and off.

He also could have just a sore muscle or something of that sort. I would try to limit all exercise for a couple of days and see if that helps.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guinness is just over 2 years old. He seems perked up now (looking for his nightly walk even though he's already been for a big one today :D ) He is eating okay (if he EVER refused food I think I would have him to the e-vet in a heartbeat :laugh: ) and is wanted to hang out in the yard while hubby and DS enjoy the hot tub. The limping just comes and goes and sometimes it looks like he has trouble getting up and then sort of "walks it off". Hopefully it's just a minor thing but we did hear a "cracking" noise when Guinness did a stretch tonight. Seemed to come from his hip and sounded like when your joints "crack". Never noticed that before!

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Well, not even just HD, but OCD, and ACL or cruciate tear.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
One of the classic symptoms of Lymes is "intermittent limping".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts