Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is so nice to walk into the bedroom and not smell "DOG" or look at old puke stains, haha! We got this floor at Lumber Liquidators, only .99 per sq. ft.! We had to put down a small rug, aka "launching pad" so that the dogs could get a grip to jump on the bed!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We still have carpet everywhere else but we're getting the house prepped to sell so I'm not spending any more money on it. I'll have at least a year to enjoy the laminate and you can bet your butt our next house will be carpet free before we move in :).

I'm hoping it helps with my allergies and possibly some of the dogs' allergies! Our last house had all laminate and we never had the itchy issues we have now with the dogs. My nose and eyes were running like faucets as I ripped up the old carpet and I'm very picky about clean carpets. Just goes to show how much dust is buried in that carpet, no matter how much I steam cleaned it.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
We still have carpet everywhere else but we're getting the house prepped to sell so I'm not spending any more money on it. I'll have at least a year to enjoy the laminate and you can bet your butt our next house will be carpet free before we move in :).

I'm hoping it helps with my allergies and possibly some of the dogs' allergies! Our last house had all laminate and we never had the itchy issues we have now with the dogs. My nose and eyes were running like faucets as I ripped up the old carpet and I'm very picky about clean carpets. Just goes to show how much dust is buried in that carpet, no matter how much I steam cleaned it.
That's exactly what happened to us. I can't imagine what nasties were living in all that carpeting. I don't care how good your vacuum is, it's not getting it all.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I just had new carpet put down and when they pulled up the old carpet I was shocked at how much dirt was under the old carpet and pad.

The old pad was mayby 1/8th" thick foam, The installer told me they used to this to cut costs we building new homes

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i'm re-thinking doing that in my bedroom next month. i'm just over it with the carpet that is also in the master bath.
yours looks great! do you travel? LOL
We've had many requests to travel and do flooring. I don't think our backs and other muscles can do more than 1 floor per year haha!

I don't think it's that hard but you have to be handy with a saw for all the weird cuts that need to be made. Around the door jambs are the hardest. I certainly couldn't do that part but hubby can.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Fabulous, I really like the finish.

We put laminate in our first-floor guest room (where the dogs are gated when we're at work), and we LOVE it. We've already got hardwoods in the main living area, and I'd really like it throughout. Maybe in the spring, we'll get rid of the last wall-to-wall carpet in the house in the master suite - I hate it, always have - though we're leaning toward bamboo flooring for up there. We'll see.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.