Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where the hell was all this in the winter when I wanted it??

A blurry picture yes, but where afraid that heavy snow will break that limb and bring the power line down with it.

My poor pampass grass.

·
0 Posts
I saw that it was headed towards VA on the weather report - that really is unusual for April in VA! You had more than we did here in northeast PA. We had some squalls yeaterday - enough to coat the ground lightly, but it was gone by afternoon. Now it's just darn cold!

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We lost power right after I put those pictures up. Finally got it back on. Still snowing and the wind is blowing.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
SNOW!!! :p

We have about an inch laying in our yard right now ::) I agree where was it when we wanted a winter?!

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
We got some of that white stuff, too. Not as much, though, and it's not snowing now.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No not from that line. Transformer blew in substation about 10 miles up the road. That branch is still hanging on the line though.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
We were without power for 41 hours. Got it back last night about 7. I took a cruise around the neighborhood. I feel bad for all the poor trees. Some really big ones split down the center, but it is mostly branches of all sizes down everywhere.

A friend lost his pickup, a neighbor lost a bedroom window and a few pieces of siding, but nobody was hurt from fallen trees that I've heard of. I think there was one life lost in a car accident in another town.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
This makes me think of what they did 100 years ago. I mean.... can you imagine how interesting it would have been to have spring in the air.... then the snow starts falling. No warning.... No Doppler... It's 37 in Texas right now. I had to cover all my Impatiens and Hibiscus.... take to the garage my tomato, cilantro, portulacas, NG impatiens and petunias.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
We just got blowing snow last night and it was icy too.
Today blowing snow again.
All of my tulips are wasted, poor flowers :'(

The Calendar does say "spring" doesn't?

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
We got snow too. :eek: The roads were bad this morning...very icy. Lots of wrecks due to people not slowing down. I can't believe it's April. All the buds on my trees & flowers may be gone. :(

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Oh yuck!! And that poor labby boy you found was out in it :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts