Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, skeletal sets... But sets nonetheless! Tevye has a "house." Motel has a "shop." Anatevka looks spot on for tumbledown and workaday.

And some actors are beginning to appear in costume. Even if it's just a shirt or a hat, they're starting to LOOK the part. :)

Lines are coming together. Songs are getting more confident. Dances are less scattershot. And in a room across from the auditorium, I actually heard the bleats and blats of the first notes of what will be our pit!!!

Rehearsal last night, though, was GRUELING. We did a speed-thru, which meant blasting through the lines as absolutely quickly as possible. We sounded like chipmunks. The purpose was twofold: To LOCK IN our lines (it's amazing how overthinking can get in the way; I was surprised to learn how much I had learned, which came out by relying on sheer instinct) and to give the lighting/sound/tech crew an overview of the entire show.

The janitorial staff tossed us out at 10PM. We actually ran the last scene in the parking lot, lit by car headlights!!

Ah, the thea-tah...

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
July 17/18, 24/25

....exactly 10 rehearsals away.

eep

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Rehearsal last night, though, was GRUELING. We did a speed-thru, which meant blasting through the lines as absolutely quickly as possible. We sounded like chipmunks. The purpose was twofold: To LOCK IN our lines (it's amazing how overthinking can get in the way; I was surprised to learn how much I had learned, which came out by relying on sheer instinct) and to give the lighting/sound/tech crew an overview of the entire show.
Like pick-up rehearsals. I loved those. Very true about your instinctive memory kicking in. :)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hows that beard doing? :)
Funny you should ask because just this past weekend, I said to Eileen that if I were going to keep it, it is NOW at the length that I would trim it back a little. It is rather full, now, and salty/peppery gray. I'm pretty much accustomed to it (it's a great prop as Tevye considers things w/in the text: stroke-stroke-stroke... think-think-think...), but I still occasionally forget it's there, like this past weekend when we went swimming and I started to put sunscreen on my cheeks. Goo! What a mess!!!

We were photographed last night -- portraits for either the lobby or the program or maybe both. I'll see if I can get a copy and post it here.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Oh, that reminds me I need to order my ticket to the show for closing night!

Woohoo... Dan JL will be in da' house when you take your bow that night!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts