Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning Jake and Charlotte played a long game of bitey face :) Jake plays a little too rough sometimes, but Charlotte is one tough cookie and keeps going back for more. That and she's also figured out where she can hide so most of her is safe from Jake but she can still bite his ears.

This weekend Charlotte will get together with the Sheltie puppy I watched a few weeks ago, Molly. Molly's 13 weeks, but not much bigger than Charlotte so I think it should be a good match!

The e-collar ... we are horrible puppy owners and she cut her face. The bottom of the old radiator in our kitchen had a sharp edge :( She cried once when it happened and now spends her spare time trying to figure out how to get her e-collar off. Interestingly, that was one of the things we think helped Jake play with her - she can't bite him as easily and suddenly he's more interested in her.

Shark Attack

Sleepy Face

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Playing is tiring!

Attack puppy

Won't fit in there for long!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
OMG Jess, that last picture cracked me up!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! :D She is freaking adorable! See, I knew it wouldn't take long for him to realize she's not going anywhere. They're going to have a blast together!!!

Why is the ecollar on, how bad did she cut it?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Charlotte is a real cutie. I remember Abbey and Coco playing puppy bitey face - what a hoot. Now they play teenager bitey-face (8 months old). Jake looks so proud - like the good brother who taught the youngster how to really play. And no - she won't fit there long - she will have to find another hiding place to protect her back!! Or maybe Jake will need a safe spot by then. :D Really cute pictures - keep them coming.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone! I'm SO SO SO happy to see them getting along. I'm sure there will be more bumps along the way, but yesterday and this morning have really eased my conscience about ruining Jake's life with a puppy ;)

TWO cute dogs there, Jess.. ahhh puppies.. cute for a reason
haha no kidding - my battle wounds from sneak attacks are starting to add up

Why is the ecollar on, how bad did she cut it?
It wasn't that bad Amy, it did take a little strip of skin off below her right eye. It would've healed fine on its own (per our vet), but he suggested sutures be put in because we're in the city and she's low to the ground (dirty) and to have a lower chance of a big scar. The e-collar stays on so she doesn't tear them out - and she tries every time we take it off! (She's also already outgrowing her cone - butterball puppy)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Ohhhh, OK, I didn't realize she needed stitches. I couldn't figure out why the collar was on just for a cut on her chin. :D

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
So cute.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts