Just Labradors banner

We have a new kitty . . .

286 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  lablimo 
#1 ·
As you all will remember, I had to put my kitty, Nikki, to sleep a few weeks ago. He had been diagnosed with cancer and he failed quickly. Well, our surviving cat was sooooooo lonely, we decided to adopt another cat for him. Enter Arlo!! He is a total sweetie pie - a real talker -- and he and Dierksy are getting along famously!! He loves Haylee, too! Of course, they choose 11:00 p.m. to decide its playtime and we can hear them running all over the house. I have hardwood floors, so it is not too difficult to hear them ;D. We are having fun with two new kitties. Here are some pictures of the gang (Arlo is black and white, Dierksy is the white one and Haylee, well, she's brown!)

Arlo is always talking -- you can see his mouth is open in the picture, too!

Checking out the birds on the bird feeder.

Relaxing after a hard day (right! ;D) They love to sit and look out the window together.

That's about it for now! I am a little sad today, though. The vet called and said that Nikki's remains are ready to be picked up. At least he'll be at home now. I still miss him, but Arlo has helped ease the pain a bit.

See less See more
G
#9 ·
We are new kitty owners as well. We got a call from my husbands son on Friday night. They can no longer keep Sophie. She is a 10 month old calico. They just bought a Townhouse and the home owners association says only 2 cats per house and this one would make 3. Hey, give grampa and Susanne a call, they love animals, they'll take it, they take everything! (it was a rescue they got 2 months ago so they said they are not too attached yet!) WHATEVER!!!

Anyway....Sophie is doing well with the other 3 cats, but it is going to take time with the ever, energetic, bounding, slobbery Maggie! All she wants to do is see what this new colorful thing is all about. Poor Sophie. She is a loving, purring beauty. She wants nothing but attention. Which I think she lacked. In time I think she will love Maggie because Maggie is gentle with the other cats (except Orangey! who she cant help but chase)

Finally, I have a cat with a real name! Now, its: Blackey, Grey Kitty, Orangey and SOPHIE! I will take pictures tonight.

I hope she will let Maggie get close to her. I think she has had a little bit of a rough start being in a shelter and then in another home with not much attention. But, now she has a house full of nothing but fun and love!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.