Just Labradors banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Identical twin boys. :laugh: No big surprise there.... This makes 11 boys and zero girls (besides my little angel)...

At least the family is well experienced with boys. :happy:

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Paddysmom said:
Congrats! Are these the first twins in the families?
With the siblings, yes. :) With the rest of the family, there's a few on Jason and Eric's side. I'm not sure about her side of the family, but I have a TON in my family (not that that factors in with them...lol). My great-grandmother alone had 3 sets of twins and 2 sets of triplets so I was kinda terrified whenever I got pregnant! lol Better them than me. ;) My boys were both colicky so I couldn't imagine having colicky twins!

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ohh..I thought I mentioned it here. Oops!

It's my BIL and SIL. They've been trying for years to get pregnant, and after a few rounds of IVF and tests, the doctors told them both it would be impossible for either of them to ever have children. They gave up and started saving money for an adoption. She wasn't feeling that great, and they found out she was pregnant! Then at the first ultrasound, they got the shock that it was twins. :)

My brother and SIL are also having a baby boy in April so three new nephews this year!

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
gailatmsu said:

It's my BIL and SIL. They've been trying for years to get pregnant, and after a few rounds of IVF and tests, the doctors told them both it would be impossible for either of them to ever have children. They gave up and started saving money for an adoption. She wasn't feeling that great, and they found out she was pregnant! Then at the first ultrasound, they got the shock that it was twins. :)

My brother and SIL are also having a baby boy in April so three new nephews this year!
and they can already tell that they are identical?

Twins are very common with IVF, bit not identical! :surprise:

My cousin and his wife tried for years to get pregnant and after IVF, like Regina, they ended up with twins... boy and girl.

How exciting!

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
blacklabelias said:
gailatmsu said:

My cousin and his wife tried for years to get pregnant and after IVF, like Regina, they ended up with twins... boy and girl.

How exciting!
They didn't go through IVF with these. None of the IVF ones resulted in a pregnancy. :( That's when they had more extensive tests done, and the doctors told them basically there was no hope for either of them to ever have children. It's a happy surprise that they got pregnant on their own. :)

She just went through a round of testing with the babies (she's about 4 months now), and her ob/gyn said they were identical boys. Jason talked to them so I don't know exactly what type of tests they did. He's a guy - he was just like "hey congrats and good luck with boys!" lol

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
gailatmsu said:
blacklabelias said:
gailatmsu said:

How exciting!
They didn't go through IVF with these. None of the IVF ones resulted in a pregnancy. :( That's when they had more extensive tests done, and the doctors told them basically there was no hope for either of them to ever have children. It's a happy surprise that they got pregnant on their own. :)

She just went through a round of testing with the babies (she's about 4 months now), and her ob/gyn said they were identical boys. Jason talked to them so I don't know exactly what type of tests they did. He's a guy - he was just like "hey congrats and good luck with boys!" lol
Oops, sorry, I missed that part about them not doing IVF this time. Well, that's great for them!

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kal3idoscope said:
Oooooh now it's time for names!!! :D
They're thinking Jonah and Noah right now, but they still have a few months. They'll probably change.

Thanks everyone. The family is pretty excited. :D

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Congratulations!! What wonderful news and such a happy surprise for them. It's true that saying "Never say never" isn't it? If it's meant to be it shall happen! What a heartwarming story, thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Oh, congratulations to them!

I remember when we were going for our first ultrasound when I was pregnant, and I said to my husband, "Come on, wouldn't you be a little excited if it's twins?"

His face: :scared: :no:

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
That's so awesome a BIG congratulations to them!!!

MSUlady said:
Oh, congratulations to them!

I remember when we were going for our first ultrasound when I was pregnant, and I said to my husband, "Come on, wouldn't you be a little excited if it's twins?"

His face: :scared: :no:
LOL my husband did the same thing I mentioned twins a few times since they run in my mom's family he just turned white and was like "oh please no"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.