Just Labradors banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I have it on good authority that this is actually part of a much bigger scientific experiment aimed at eliminating global warming.

The theory is, if they can blow a hole through the moon from top to bottom, the excess heat from the earth will escape through it like smoke going up a chimney. Said heat will then go out into space thus cooling the earth back down to its normal temperature.

If this is a success, global warming will be something you can tell the grand kids about.
May I have some of whatever you are smoking, Garth? Reality is pressing in on me here.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Gah, I despise NASA. I can't believe we are paying 79 million for this stupid ****.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
And quite a non-event it was! LOL!!!! :D

The Today show hyped this moon bombing tremendously and when it happened - covered live via telescope and the satellite with camera aboard - NOTHING VISIBLE AT ALL! Then the satellite traveled closer and closer to the moon and still NOTHING!

Then the satellite crashed - the end!

But the Nasa folks seemed pretty excited - clapping all around - so maybe they accomplished what they wanted to. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
It's retaliatory. The moon bombed us first.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
If they really were secretly testing a weapon to use on Iran, all you conservative, flat earth, anti progress and science people should be happy with it. If on the other hand, it was just science, then it is a big waste of money because spending tax dollars on basic research has never done anything to improve anyone's life.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
NASA isn't my favorite government program (anymore). They did some amazing things in the past and there have been many advances/discoveries that have resulted from that program. However... recently it seems like they use an awful lot of money and have failed miserably at a few things and some of their mistakes/laziness has cost lives (Columbia, Challenger)

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
....... recently it seems like they use an awful lot of money and have failed miserably at a few things and some of their mistakes/laziness has cost lives (Columbia, Challenger)
That could apply 1000X to the military and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Maybe the government can't do anything right after all. I may need to rethink this whole thing.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
If they really were secretly testing a weapon to use on Iran, all you conservative, flat earth, anti progress and science people should be happy with it. If on the other hand, it was just science, then it is a big waste of money because spending tax dollars on basic research has never done anything to improve anyone's life.
Now that's just funny, especially considering who is actually calling for NASA to be cut/ended/shelved.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I have no problem with the government spending money, as long as all of our citizens basic needs are taken care of first. If my kids were hungry, cold, homeless, and unemployed . . . I wouldn't go out and buy a new tv. The US government doesn't operate under the same moral code . . . oh, wait did I just say government and moral in the same sentence?

At this point in our economic turmoil, this was just another (of many) stupid decision.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I have no problem with the government spending money, as long as all of our citizens basic needs are taken care of first. If my kids were hungry, cold, homeless, and unemployed . . . I wouldn't go out and buy a new tv. The US government doesn't operate under the same moral code . . . oh, wait did I just say government and moral in the same sentence?

At this point in our economic turmoil, this was just another (of many) stupid decision.
Seriously? Then why invest any money or resources on anything if someone is hungry now. Forget any research into a polio vaccine. Someone is hungry now.

Anyway, people should be responsible for themselves, why is the the government's responsibility to, as you say, take care of the citizens' basic needs are taken care of?

21 - 40 of 46 Posts