Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going to watch. 4:30 EST. We are bombing a crater on the south pole of the moon. Supposedly there will be a 6 mile plume visible to us (telescope or some binoculars).

The story is... NASA is going to look for traces of water in the plume....

More likely, we are testing a military weapon that will be used to take out Iran's nuclear facilities...

Or, there is something there that someone is trying to destroy, (if you believe in the Black Ops theories).

In any regard, I think the move is dumb. Don't we have better things to spend money on right now? Was this part of the stimulus package? And I sure as hell hope it doesn't shift the moons orbit, that would suck big time for those of us on earth.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Bombing the moon.

Someone (government) clearly has far too much disposable income, and too much free time on their hands. Aren't there enough problems on THIS planet to fix first?

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, I'm not making the call, just reporting it. Seems not too many in the media are mentioning it. It will be broadcast live on NASA TV, or you can go outside and take a look. I won't be up at 4:30 a.m.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Hey, I'm not making the call, just reporting it. Seems not too many in the media are mentioning it. It will be broadcast live on NASA TV, or you can go outside and take a look. I won't be up at 4:30 a.m.
It's been on MSNBC, Fox and CNN all day since early this morning.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
Well, all I can say is if the moon's orbit gets knocked out of whack and gets sucked into the earth's gravitational force, I hope it lands on NASA headquarters.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
dumbest thing I've ever heard of , and a HUGE waste of money.
How can you say that??? With enough science and exploration, we can find out how the universe was formed and that will have huge implications for your everyday life. Hold on, no it won't. In fact it will change nothing and you'll still get up everyday and go to work and do grocery shopping and cleaning up after the dog, just like you always did.

Never mind.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Originally Posted by kaytris View Post
dumbest thing I've ever heard of , and a HUGE waste of money.
How can you say that??? With enough science and exploration, we can find out how the universe was formed and that will have huge implications for your everyday life. Hold on, no it won't. In fact it will change nothing and you'll still get up everyday and go to work and do grocery shopping and cleaning up after the dog, just like you always did.
This made me LOL.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I despise NASA, such a waste of money.

There people dying, starving and living on the streets here and in rest of the world. And what's the US doing? Blowing holes in the side of the moon.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
How much does the moon weigh? How much does this "bomb" weigh?
Are you talking about the moon's weight on the moon or the moon's weight on earth?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think they also hit a comet with something like this in recent years. Probably the best way to study the inside of something in space...not like we can send up a few guys and an excavator.

Really doubt it's any kind of military test. I'm sure we are already fully capable of deploying weapons from satellites if we really wanted to and we've probably signed treaties saying we will not do so.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
I have it on good authority that this is actually part of a much bigger scientific experiment aimed at eliminating global warming.

The theory is, if they can blow a hole through the moon from top to bottom, the excess heat from the earth will escape through it like smoke going up a chimney. Said heat will then go out into space thus cooling the earth back down to its normal temperature.

If this is a success, global warming will be something you can tell the grand kids about.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts