Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
besides a scarecrow? are there any?

there is a light standard right by my parking spot, and apparently my vehicle is a target for this lovely crow. today my whole passenger window was splattered... that boy has no dignity when he lets it go.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Most likely not an option, but a close miss with a high power rifle works, esp if you kick dirt up on them. ::)

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Yet another "non-option" but Riley (my yellow boy) is a TERRIFIC crow deterrent! I swear, this boy is on a constant crow (and duck!) lookout!

Maybe you could place a plastic owl on top of your car? :p ;)

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
A real owl works better but they make a bigger spot on a whindshield. ;D OK let me think here I'll see what I can think of that will work but won't get you arrested.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
OK, one to try, can you tie a cloth bag or nylon stocking full of moth balls up there, it works to keep mice out of out ATV? They'll dissolve in the rain after a bit but might work long enough to make it decide to find another place to roost.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Now that ain't a bad idea, is that what you guys over there do for rooks.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I wonder how they would react to a rubber snake. I use them to keep birds out of the boy's/dog's clubhouse and away from areas I do not want them nesting...

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Yah, but they would also work for rooks. ;D (The only reason I know about rooks is the English gunmakers used to make what they called "Rook Rifles." I am fasinated with English sporting arms, I just can't afford a Holland and Holland. If I could I'd come over there, be measured and order one, I know what I want. ;D)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha, the nails were our first idea, tho don't know if the ladder will reach that high.

snakes are a no no, my mom wouldn't go out the front door, fake or not.

·
Registered
21,293 Posts
Weelll we are all made on the same anvil Glen

It's just that we tried to tax you youngsters to pay for all of the larning that you needed - all of the history that you would benefit from and you chose to go your own way !

That's why you can't afford a Holland and Holland LOL

If you forget the Boston Tea Party and kick Dubya out I'm sure we'd reconsider...... He He

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I don't know, you folks we're kinda hard on some of my folks in the early 17th century, had to go to Plymouth ya know. (But not on the Mayflower, they were smart enough to see how it worked out first.) ;)

·
Registered
21,293 Posts
delmonico said:
I don't know, you folks we're kinda hard on some of my folks in the early 17th century, had to go to Plymouth ya know. (But not on the Mayflower, they were smart enough to see how it worked out first.) ;)
You Southerners weren't too generous in the civil war so don't try to play that card Glen... ( Hope my geography is right LOL ) and waht about our North American Indigenous friends eh.....

Just sayin !

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Geography way off, Newbrassky is "Where the West Begins," (used to be used by the tourism dept) I play this one on the historical boards, ain't no **** Yankee or Unrepented Reb, I'm a Westerner. Serve as a Civilian Cook sometimes in a Yankee unit, but my momma didn't raise me to be cannon fodder. ;DAs for the Natives, some of them helped a lot on some of the others. (Did have an ancestor who served with Abe Lincoln in the Blackhawk war, but family history says he didn't think much of him.) Some of the ancestors did stay loyal to England, but they moved to Nova Scotia in the 1780's.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Air rifle. Hit him a couple of times and he will find a new spot to roost. We had a bunch of pigeons a few years back, I agree rats with wings, a few pops from the air rifle and they avoided our yard.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I'll bet if my friend Samson and I were there we could raise enough heck to scare it away. ::)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts