Just Labradors banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I got mine out about 6-8 years ago. Had it done laprascopically, just some very minor incisions. I had it out on Saturday, was off tylenol with codeine by Monday, and was totally ready to go back to work by Thursday. I did throw up from the anesthesia but I always do. But since you can't eat before surgery anyway, it was more like a little spit up (sorry to be graphic).

I absolutely remember the pain of the gall bladder attack, though. I remember walking around the house because it was so painful. I couldn't sleep or anything, it was so bad. Apparently the sonogram showed all these little itty-bitty gall stones that would occasionally come out into the common bile duct (hence the pain). The surgery was the best relief.

Good luck tomorrow!

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
dweck said:
I was under a general for my knee surgery. It's like the best sleep EVER. I do remember waking up in recovery and being chilly, and they brought me a blanket that had been inside a small oven and was toasty. I think heaven feels like that -- all warm and up around your chin when you're chattering underneath.

I hated to wake up.......
Okay Dan. It' 10:40 p.m. here and I CANNOT laugh out loud! You have NO IDEA what you just did to my throat!
Bbaaahhaawwwww
Laurie I will be praying for you tomorrow morning. Thank goodness for modern medicine and the new uninvasive (is that a word? ;) ) procedures!

41 - 43 of 43 Posts