Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A typical 12 oz. soda = 140+ calories. Water = 0 calories. Replacing just one soda a day with with water can trim 50,000+ calories PER YEAR from your diet.

From the bottle of Poland Spring I'm drinking right now. :)

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
I need to cut out my morning coffee/mocha/apple cider. Other than that... I'm pretty good about drinking water for all other meals.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I gave up pop for Lent (sorry Dan its not a secret. ha ha) and just in the couple of weeks of not drinking any pop, I've lost 6 lbs. CRAZY!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I have almost won the battle against soda. I LOVED a Diet Dr Pepper during the afternoon. But in doing some online reading, figured out that it may not be the healthiest thing for someone with kidney stones. So I've eliminated it.

I'm drinking water, now, but struggling. It's so boring. I may try some of those Splenda-sweetened packets of drink mixes just to make it more interesting. But then again, I guess they're just as unhealthy as a diet soda, no?

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
A typical 12 oz can of Diet Mt. Dew has zero calories, unfortunately it still makes my belly bigger.

The good news is that I do not have a dinkey-do yet!!!!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I used to drink a TON of regular Coke. I mean a LOT. I gave it up a couple years ago.

I didn't lose a single pound.

I am so freakin' bitter.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
How about herbal tea Dan?

Makes water more interesting and usually doesn't add anything "bad" that artificial sweeteners have in them.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
How about herbal tea Dan?.
Maybe iced.

I'm not big on hot tea. Reminds me of being sick when I was a kid and we got tea and toast.

Which is nowhere nearly as fun as getting Tea and Sympathy.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I love tea too! When I am not working, I switch to green tea, which has powerful and healthy antioxidants.

You know, until this last year I NEVER drank soda. Then all of a sudden, I began to crave it. Very specific too...Coke on ice, nothing else will suffice! I still rarely drink it, only about once a month perhaps. I tend to abuse the water :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Squeeze some lemon in the water?

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i used to drink tons of pepsi. my grandma said i drank so much of it she was going to have it delivered by truck and piped into my home. i gave it up and now only have the occasional rootbeer(very rarely.)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
and just in the couple of weeks of not drinking any pop, I've lost 6 lbs.
See?! See?! :D Good for you, Laur!!

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I live on caffeine free diet pepsi and I'm never giving it up. I don't care if it's bad for me, it's a quality of life issue. I don't smoke, probably don't have 5 alcoholic drinks a year, work out 5 days a week and I'm going to drink my **** diet soda.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
I recently switched my morning Diet Coke to decaffeinated, hot green tea. I miss the Coke, but not the acid reflux it was giving me. I must say, though, I've come to really love green tea. I also had a fountain drink last weekend that was green tea with peach flavoring. It was delish.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Unfortunatley I don't drink any pop, and don't really "drink my calories" only drink water and coffee - so I'm going to have to quit eating something to lose weight.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts