Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....but it's tearing my up inside. My neice Heather called me yesterday to tell me that my other neice, Megan, was in the hospital Saturday night with alcohol poisoning. SHE'S 13!! It was so bad that they had her on life support and thought she wasn't going to make it. :'( She came home yesterday, thank God.

My sister went to Vegas for the weekend and left Meggie at a friends house, even spoke to the girls' mother. The friend had the brilliant idea to have her 16 year old boyfriend drive them over to my sisters empty house for an impromtu party, knowing there was alcohol at the house. I guess they snuck out. Anyway, Megan has never drank before. Put that together with the fact that she's the size of a stick figure and she hadn't eaten that day. They were doing shots of vodka and apparently she overdid it. Thank GOD her friends called 911 when she passed out. The hospital got a hold of my sister in Vegas but she couldn't get a flight out until Sunday morning.

It makes me so scared and sick to my stomach to think that I almost lost my neice this weekend. That and the fact that the only ones at the hospital with her were her friends. :'( :'(

If you could spare a prayer or a good thought for her, I'd appreciate it. Here's a pic I took at Heather's baby shower last January. Megan is the one on the end with the braces.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
WOW.. very scarey..

on the brighter side... perhaps this has taught her a valuable lesson... maybe something that will stick with her for some time and may prevent a worse situation later on.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's how I'm trying to look at it Lindsey. They charged her with underage drinking, which means a hefty fine plus a 2 year delay in getting her drivers license. Heather said she took Meg to the mall yesterday and had a really deep talk with her. She thinks it sunk in. Heather is such a good big sister.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
But honestly... THANK GAWD she was with TRUE friends who didn't bail when they knew they'd get in trouble and leave her there... thank gawd they had the sense to call 911.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
THANK GAWD she was with TRUE friends who didn't bail when they knew they'd get in trouble and leave her there...
Her "friend" wanted to bail, thinking she would just wake up in the morning. She was scared of getting in trouble, like you said. The friends boyfriend insisted on calling 911. Thank God he did or she would have been dead. :'( I can't even. Ugh.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd like to strangle the girl.

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Wow. So scary Amy. Glad she is ok. Hope a true lesson sunk in. She looks like a baby! They start so young these days!

They charged her with underage drinking, which means a hefty fine plus a 2 year delay in getting her drivers license
I didn't know they did that! Long after she forgets how sick she felt, she'll remember the 2 year driving delay.

I'm surprised the owners of the house weren't charged. Even if they were not home, the police could charge them. At least here, I know people who faced criminal charges because a party happened in their home when they were away.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
:eek: How scary! Good thoughts coming your way!

Thank goodness they called 911!
Hmm well guess she learned how "true" her friend is...
:-\

She looks like a baby!
I can't see the pic right now but will look at home.

Again, glad that she is okay and hopefully something like this will never happen again!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm surprised the owners of the house weren't charged.
It was my sisters house (Meggies house). Hmmmm, I don't know Denise?

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
wow! Glad she is doing ok.

She's a baby! What a tiny girl and so young :-\
It must be so scary :( Hope she pulls through all this and learns from it too.

*hugs*

1 - 20 of 38 Posts