Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I have to honestly say that I've filed this entire rescue/no-rescue story under: Don't care a flying fig.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I didn't read the link - but who cares? They were saying this morning that people are having a fit about it. WHO CARES?! From what I understand, it was from a breeder that Ted Kennedy recommended. The dog was returned to the breeder from the original owners and now the Obamas have him.

But again - WHO CARES?! I think it's assinine that people are getting so upset about it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I think she looks pretty. :)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Paper this morning said they had a blast at the Easter Egg Roll. Prez O read to the kids from "Where the Wild Things Are." Was joking around about how Washington is FULL of Wild Things and then growled.... Sascha and Meleia turned the pages on a giant copy of "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" that Michelle read.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Actually- I think they put a lot of thought into it and did what was best for their family (allergies) and the pup. If they had gotten a rescue dog- which normally has an unknown history and usually are just best guesses at breeds- and one of the girls was allergic, that pup may have had to be rehomed. And they would have gotten a lot of flack for that.

No matter what they did- some group would not have been happy.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Mrs

I didn't read the link - but who cares? They were saying this morning that people are having a fit about it. WHO CARES?! From what I understand, it was from a breeder that Ted Kennedy recommended. The dog was returned to the breeder from the original owners and now the Obamas have him.

But again - WHO CARES?! I think it's assinine that people are getting so upset about it. :rolleyes:
The pup was to be rehomed after being returned to the breeder, which technically makes it a rescue. But, I agree, why the hell are people getting so upset about it? Did anyone get upset when Bill Clinton got his chocolate Lab?

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
What I heard is that the dog was returned to the breeder and then the breeder was contacted by Ted Kennedy since this is where he got his dog from. If this is true, then the dog isn't necessarily a rescue, but a return which the breeder took back and rehomed.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
If this is true, then the dog isn't necessarily a rescue, but a return which the breeder took back and replaced.
Just like my Frankie, previously Cody. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts