Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*rant* I hate...HATE not having a job. I find a good apartment that allows pets, two limit per apartment the fee is cheap! *ends rant* Get this...

Pet Policy: $400 deposit, $10.00/month, restrict to 70lbs, breed restricts.

That is good! I have to find something I can do, but everywhere I look is filled up or located in another county!

The apartment they have has a den! A freaking den and its only starting at $674, 995sq. ft!

Goodness that is what I was trying to find! Something with a den or something I could turn into a office! Or a room for the animals.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
It can be very difficult to find a good place to rent that also allows pets and doesn't charge a million bucks. I don't blame them, but it does suck. I have found that a lot of places advertise a much stricter policy than they really enforce. I've gotten to where I just ask - a 40lb limit (at least this has been my experience) rarely really means 40lbs. For some reason, though, 40lbs is the magical number in this area - everyone says that's the limit.

Is that $400 a deposit, or a fee? Seems like a lot of places charge a non-refundable fee on top of a monthly charge. I have seen some places split it up (say $200 refundable, the rest not). Luckily, I did find a pet friendly complex that has a lot of green space, doesn't charge a monthly fee and the pet fee was only $300 due at move-in.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a $400 deposit, plus $10/month per pet I believe. And the weight limit is 70lbs.

Where I live now, with my mother and her bf, its $275 deposit, with $20/month per pet. But the limit is 25lbs, no large pets, breed restricts no more than 18".

But the place is falling apart, pipes busting, or leaking, carpet coming up but they don't want to replace it! Etc.

$400 and the $10/per month is good. My aunt and uncle who used to live there loved it there and their apartment was so nice! They both passed away though from cancer, my aunt first and than my uncle, four months apart from each other. There cat I kept died a year later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts