Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
This kind of crap, (the product, not your post) is probably the most compelling argument for feeding raw. Feeding raw is something that I am not likely to go to as long as there is a food that I think is safe available. In addition to the work and cost involved, I am not sure that I could provide a balanced diet for Hershey Kisses. I am glad that you posted this. Nutro was one of the food choices I had been considering, but dropped it earlier for reasons I can't remember.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let's not forget that there have been problems with human food too. Unless you grow it yourself or butcher it yourself you still have to rely on someone else.

B

·
0 Posts
I'm confused...dry food was refused? I thought the contaminated food was primarily wet. Because I see the chicken and rice stuff listed but I can't tell if that is wet or dry.

And if it's the dry I'm in deep s**t.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
The article said that these were shipments being returned to the US from the original recall. That makes more sense than this being a new issue. I wish the FDA report was more detailed.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Brees eats the holistic dry version which I didn't see on there. *sigh* Doesn't stop one from worrying though!

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
What was the recall for (ingredient??). The first link wouldn't open for me. I dont' feed Nutro, just curious as a friend is their rep. -Anne

·
Registered
190 Posts
It looks like those are all the foreign versions of the Nutro foods, and were returned due to the original recall.

The FDA site also lists food from "Intershore International" which is Natural Balance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts