Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the story I got today at the DP.

Lady is driving home last night around 8:30 pm. It is winter here, about +15F at the time. She is a couple blocks from her home and sees what she thinks is a white plastic bag moving in the street ahead of her. She slows down, then realizes this is a very young child in a onesy, maybe 18 months old. She stops, gets out, looks for adults, open doors on homes nearby. Nothing! She asks the child where he lives, which house he came from, name, where his mommy and daddy are. Gets don't knows for responses. She calls 911, and squad is enroute.

Before squad gets there, teenager comes running outside from house the child is in front of. Babysitter! Was reading to different child in a bedroom and this one somehow got out. Woman tells her the child needs to get inside, and she can explain it to the police when they get there. Babysitter goes high order, cursing the woman for calling the police and not ringing doorbells while taking child inside.

Police get there. The woman is upset at the reaction of the babysitter. Police tell her she did the right thing, takes her information, says thank you, and heads for the house. Woman leaves to her home.

Okay! Babysitter knows she screwed up. Reacted the way she did because the parents are going to find out what happened now, she can't hide it. But that's life and the babysitter will learn from it, right?

The woman gets a phone call this morning. Irate mother of the child. Basically gives her her the same tirade that she should have rung doorbells and not called the police. Yells at her for saving her child because of all the trouble she has now caused them by looking out for the child. Never gives the woman a chance to respond and hangs up the phone. Woman calls the police and tells them what happened. Asks what kind of trouble she caused and it was not her intent to cause anyone trouble. Cops won't say anything, other than she did the right thing.

I suspect there is some kind of child neglect or endangerment charge coming for someone. Not sure it has to go that far, but whatever happens it was not this woman's fault. That child should be watched as closely as this woman watches her dog.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Don't you know, in society today you are to make excuses or blame someone else for your mistakes?
That mother needs a serious wakeup call.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Sounds like they are going to learn a lesson, whether they want to or not.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
The woman did good.

And she should have just yelled a big F! U! to the irate mother.

And how did the irate mother get her phone number?

People are idiots.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Totally wrong response from the kids mother. I bet she was off doing something she shouldn't have been and leaving her kids with a sitter. You call someone to THANK THEM for not running over your baby in the street in the middle of the night, not yell at them. Ingrate.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Here is the story I got today at the DP.

Lady is driving home last night around 8:30 pm. It is winter here, about +15F at the time. She is a couple blocks from her home and sees what she thinks is a white plastic bag moving in the street ahead of her. She slows down, then realizes this is a very young child in a onesy, maybe 18 months old. She stops, gets out, looks for adults, open doors on homes nearby. Nothing! She asks the child where he lives, which house he came from, name, where his mommy and daddy are. Gets don't knows for responses. She calls 911, and squad is enroute.

Before squad gets there, teenager comes running outside from house the child is in front of. Babysitter! Was reading to different child in a bedroom and this one somehow got out. Woman tells her the child needs to get inside, and she can explain it to the police when they get there. Babysitter goes high order, cursing the woman for calling the police and not ringing doorbells while taking child inside.

Police get there. The woman is upset at the reaction of the babysitter. Police tell her she did the right thing, takes her information, says thank you, and heads for the house. Woman leaves to her home.

Okay! Babysitter knows she screwed up. Reacted the way she did because the parents are going to find out what happened now, she can't hide it. But that's life and the babysitter will learn from it, right?

The woman gets a phone call this morning. Irate mother of the child. Basically gives her her the same tirade that she should have rung doorbells and not called the police. Yells at her for saving her child because of all the trouble she has now caused them by looking out for the child. Never gives the woman a chance to respond and hangs up the phone. Woman calls the police and tells them what happened. Asks what kind of trouble she caused and it was not her intent to cause anyone trouble. Cops won't say anything, other than she did the right thing.

I suspect there is some kind of child neglect or endangerment charge coming for someone. Not sure it has to go that far, but whatever happens it was not this woman's fault. That child should be watched as closely as this woman watches her dog.
How did the mother of the child get her phone number?

I think child protective services must have gotten involved. (The reason the Mom is mad)

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
I was wondering the same thing about the phone number. Something sounds seriously off here, and I don't mean the child out wandering , which is clearly off.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I suspect the cops provided it. Maybe anticipating a thank you would be delivered? But I will ask that question the next time we meet up.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Totally wrong response from the kids mother. I bet she was off doing something she shouldn't have been and leaving her kids with a sitter. You call someone to THANK THEM for not running over your baby in the street in the middle of the night, not yell at them. Ingrate.
EXACTLY!!!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
There is no doubt in my mind that Child protective services is involved- if the police saw or heard anything and I mean anything to cause them concern they would make the call. Not just that the child got out of the house, kids do this, but something else bothered them that they saw or heard. Good for this women, she did the right thing!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts