Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Thanks, he was from an era you trusted the news a lot more.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
92? Wow. Nice long life. There aren't many out there now like him. RIP Mr. Cronkite.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
And that's the way it was, Friday July 17th, 2009. So long, Walter. I will miss you...

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Wow - I've been out and hadn't heard. Sad. I hope I'm as fortunate to live as long a life. Rest peaceful, Mr. Cronkite

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
And that's the way it was, Friday July 17th, 2009. So long, Walter. I will miss you...
Thank you, that brought back a lot of memories.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
"The nation whose population depends on the explosively compressed headline service of television news can expect to be exploited by the demagogues and dictators who prey upon the semi-informed."
--Walter Cronkite, A Reporter's Life, 1996

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
"The nation whose population depends on the explosively compressed headline service of television news can expect to be exploited by the demagogues and dictators who prey upon the semi-informed."
--Walter Cronkite, A Reporter's Life, 1996
Good words. Edward R. Murrow had some good ones as well.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Thanks, he was from an era you trusted the news a lot more.
That's an understatement! Even though he was, apparently, a liberal, you would have never known it from how he reported the news. Too bad today's newscasters cannot control themselves.

And yes, the "That's the way it was" really brought back lots of memories also.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
That's an understatement! Even though he was, apparently, a liberal, you would have never known it from how he reported the news. Too bad today's newscasters cannot control themselves.

And yes, the "That's the way it was" really brought back lots of memories also.

Maybe per the other thread, unbiased should be the new word for the masses to google.;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts