Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if a lot of you know this or not but Im going to share anyway.

WalMart offers all customers a 4$ Generic drug plan for many many meds... almost all High Blood pressure meds, many gastro meds, and lots more.

You can check out the full list here http://i.walmart.com/i/if/hmp/fusion/genericdruglist.pdf

Every store participates. I hope you can save some money!

We have a great prescription plan with a 5$ co pay on name brands, but this deal is great. It's cheaper than many co-pays.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
That's a great deal. I'm going to send it to my mom. She pays a lot of money on a monthly basis for my dad. And she has a drug plan. It sucks. :(

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
My mom actually uses a few that were in the list. AND she just got a new Walmart by her work. She was very happy when I gave her the info! Thanks!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Charla said:
I'm calling my mom now to see what meds she takes for her diabetes and blood pressure.
OHHHHH GOOD.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
I looked into this for my mom's heart meds. They aren't on the list, neither were her blood pressure drugs, or her coumadin.

My blood pressure drug is on it, but I can get mine for $9.00 at our local drug store with my health insurance... so it's not really worth the $5.00 for me to run to Walmart (drug store is right across the highway, Walmart is across town).

There is a list of their drugs you can print out, on their website.

Honestly, if Walmart can do this, ALL drug stores should be doing it. Drugs and the big drug companies are scamming us... just like the big Oil companies.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Honestly, if Walmart can do this, ALL drug stores should be doing it
Your right and it burns my butt that they don't. My poor parents pay more for their meds each month then they do for food and utilities. I can not imagine what some older people must go through.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
raian said:
Honestly, if Walmart can do this, ALL drug stores should be doing it.
Wal*mart can do this because they know that once they lure ppl into the store with the promise of cheap meds, people will fill up their carts with other stuff, too. Wal*mart is willing to eat some of the cost of the meds in exchange for getting people into the store to do their shopping.

In contrast, your local CVS/Walgreens/Rite Aid does not provide the same shopping opportunities that Wal*mart does. These stores will not make up the difference between the retail and discounted prices, because people aren't going to buy their groceries and household items while they are there.

That being said, I do agree that drug companies' profits are a bit outlandish. I know that it costs a lot to do R&D, and that for one drug that succeeds, many will fail to have their desired effect and will not be marketed. Still, drug companies are definitely taking what ever they can from the consumer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts