Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All four sleep in bed with me and they respect my sleep; move over to make room for me when I go to bed, let me sleep, and wouldn't wake me up from sleep unless there is a true emergency (very rare). But in the very early morning, when I half wake and roll over to sleep more, Mitzi's tail starts the thump thump thump on the bed as if it's a wake-up call to the other three. Judy lifts her head, and Bruno is on his feet steping over bodies. I keep my eyes closed in hope that they will think I'm sleeping and settle down again, but no....thump thump thump. I say in a gruff voice, "Go back to sleep!"
The thumping stops, but I can feel eight eyes on me. Who can sleep with eight eyes staring, waiting for the slightest movement. With "OK", all four simultaneously jump out of bed and go to the door.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
What a great way to wake up. My girls will stand over me when it's time to get up, if I dare even move an inch...the licking starts. :D

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Pup is too young for the bed, but there certainly is nothing better than waking up to your best friend (in your case friends.) And I thought the same thing, you MUST have a BIG bed! :D

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
That's funny. My sister's lab X was like that too. If she knew we were sleeping she'd leave us alone, but the moment she knew we were awake (even if we tried to fake it) she'd just touch us with the tip of her wet little nose. LOL

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Must be lucky with HK, or just doesn't matter since I am an early riser.

I wake HK up. I sit up, reach over. A couple strokes on the furry mass, a hug for my girl. Gather up my clothes for the day, and nudge her off the bed when I am ready to leave the bedroom.

·
Registered
869 Posts
That's so funny and true. I don't have four dogs, but Shane is allowed occasionally to sleep in our bed and the tail thumping is so funny. Although every time I roll over Shane moves closer and closer, before you know it I'm getting moved out of the bed!

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Must be lucky with HK, or just doesn't matter since I am an early riser.

I wake HK up. I sit up, reach over. A couple strokes on the furry mass, a hug for my girl. Gather up my clothes for the day, and nudge her off the bed when I am ready to leave the bedroom.
Libby does this on work mornings. She just doesn't want to get up that early.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Our two don't sleep on the bed but Finley is a tail thumper, and a starer. I've also never known a dog to lie down so noisily - he just collapses with a massive crash (very loud as we have wooden floorboards). If Finley has a restless night, the whole house has a restless night. Kira is a typical teenager though, and doesn't even move from her bed in the mornings until she hears the food going into her bowl. The exception is when my parents are staying - Finley will just stare politely but Kira will stick her nose in my dad's face whether he's awake or not. She knows he will forgive her.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Cute. I've got a queen bed and Nellie takes up the wholr bed.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
LOL I can just picture you & four puppers in bed.

Lexi is the staring sort. I've never let me sleep in bed with me, but on weekends if I even so much as shift an inch she is up at the edge of the bed giving me the stare! If I should ignore her, then she'll push her nose up under the blankets. In the winter that is rough when her cold wet nose hits my warm skin. *shivers*

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
I can sleep through the stare, but not the wet nose in the armpit, or the licking. Ugh.

·
Registered
21,293 Posts
My two are really good in the mornings ! Jasper has taught Dylan that "five minutes * means go back to sleep for an indeterminate time !

UNLESS - Jasper got to the cat biscuits on Monday ! If his stomach is upset he will pace around the bedroom - claws on a wood floor - until I can't stand it any more and get up to let him out ! ( It was 5am last time ! ) He came back to bed but his stomach was like a washing machine with the gurgling !

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
When DH is gone all 3 sleep in bed with me. Alarm goes off in the AM and I usually hit the snooze. One time is all I am allowed with the snooze button cuz then Thunder is standing over me and kissing me. Funny how they know not to get up on that first alarm.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts