Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son Matthew's girlfriend, Catherine has gone into hospital to be induced. She was started off at 5am (UK time), contractions started at 7am but by 6pm she is only 4cm the poor love. The doctor was going to have a look at her but I havent heard a squeak from Matthew and it is now 7.30pm!! Oh boy I am getting more and more anxious and a little bit weepy. Matthew may be 23 but he is still my baby.

Just to add to the trauma I got a phone call at work from my ex's wife (he is Matthew and Max's dad) to say that she was in an ambulance on the way to hospital with him as he had collapsed at work and would I go and tell his Dad (grandad and soon to be great grandad) what had happened. The old man is housebound and on oxygen so is not a well man but he took the news really well and I said that I would call or call round as soon as I heard anything.

Will update as soon as I have news but some kind thoughts and prayers would be much appreciated.

Finally at 11pm- Lily 8lbs 8oz-- Hurrah we got PINK!!!!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Re: Waiting for my first grandbaby

Congrats! ;D

·
Registered
10,230 Posts

Congrats on the grand baby I hope the labor starts to progress faster for her sake. I will say a few prayers for her and you Ex I hope he's ok.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts

Exciting day for you! Sending good thoughts.

·
Registered
900 Posts

What a lot to deal with emotionally! I hope your ex is ok, will keep him in my thoughts, and your son's gf too.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts

Oh I can't wait for an update!! Good luck to your son and his gf. :)

My first time induced took FOREVER. Two days actually. I hope hers is quicker. :)

And I hope your ex is ok.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts

Waiting for the update and hoping for good news all around!! Congrats on the grandchild!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts