Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this forwarded from one of the VT administrators....if you can do this...please do. Pass it on.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Hell yes. I hope everyone here who has made even just one post on this topic will wear a bit of maroon and orange on Friday.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sam, just download the photo and forward away.

T

·
0 Posts
Dani said:
Sam, just download the photo and forward away.
I just did it. This has been the talk of the office and I am sure everyone would wear the colors. I know I will.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Dani, thanks for posting this. Our office received the same email from VT. We've sent it to all of our students, staff, and faculty members too.

M

·
0 Posts
sorry for my ignorance, but what does Hokie mean?

and Yes, I will wear orange and maroon.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hokie is their school mascot.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
:D

I've been wearing maroon and orange ribbons in my hair since yesterday, and will definitely wear my orange and maroon on friday!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I am DEFINITELY wearing my school's colors!

A Hokie actually has nothing to do with a turkey. It was "invented" in a competition for a new cheer. It is equivalent to a "hooray" type thing. ;)

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Dani, Thank you for posting this....I am the proud mother of a Hokie grad........our son just graduated last summer......Roanoke is about 40 miles from VT, and I cannot tell you how much the school is an integral part of our lives......not just mine, but all who live in this beautiful area of Virginia......for me VT has always had such happy associations......from being a college girl going to visit my sister and date cute fellows to sending a child there for school to working closely with them to help my special ed students to going to football/basketball games yearly with some dear friends who are grads to watching my youngest run indoor track and cross country meets there as Blacksburg High is in our district........it is a special place.......below is Nikki Giovanni's poem to VT

“We are Virginia Tech. We are sad today and we will be sad for quite awhile. WE are not moving on, we are embracing our mourning. We are Virginia Tech. We are strong enough to know when to cry and sad enough to know we must laugh again. We are Virginia Tech. We do not understand this tragedy. We know we did not deserve it but neither does a child in Africa dying of AIDS, but neither do the invisible children walking the night to avoid being captured by a rogue army. Neither does the baby elephant watching his community be devastated for ivory; neither does the Appalachian infant in the killed in the middle of the night in his crib in the home his father built with his own hands being run over by a boulder because the land was destabilized. No one deserves a tragedy. We are Virginia Tech. The Hokier Nation embraces our own with open heart and hands to those who offer their hearts and minds. We are strong and brave and innocent and unafraid. We are better than we think, not quite what we want to be. We are alive to the imagination and the possibility we will continue to invent the future through our blood and tears, through all this sadness. We are the Hokies. We will prevail, we will prevail. We are Virginia Tech. "

Highlights from the Convocation:

http://video.wsls.com/global/video/...vt1=v&at1=News&d1=175400&LaunchPageAdTag=News - Special Coverage&fvCatNo=&backgroundImageURL=&activePane=info&playerVersion=1&hostPageUrl=http%3A//video.wsls.com/global/category.asp%3Fc%3D81968%26title%3D%26WNResizeIframeID%3Dwn_frame92407778501509%26clientType%3Dwn_video_c%26WNResizeFileURL%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fmedia%252Emgbg%252Ecom%252Fwsls%252FWNResizeIframe%252Ehtm&rnd=16139666

We are all Hokies today:

http://www.lansingcartoons.com/

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
I am off tomorrow but I have forwarded this to several people in various depts and hospitals that I work with and ask them to please share it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts