Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some Pictures of Voyagers National Park on the Minnesota/Canadian border.

Had a great time, we lucked out as the area just received 8-10 inches of fresh snow. FRICKING DEER EVERYWHERE! The snow was to deep in the woods so the deer spent most of their time on the trails, come around a sharp corner and a herd of deer is standing in the middle of the trail, sometimes they move, sometimes they stand in the middle of the trail.

Whole lot of nothing - These pictures were snapped while going over the lake doing about 70 mph

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Ash Ka Nam bar, where we spent a lot of money - beer ain't cheap!

The Mascot of Ash Ka Nam, I love it that the dogs are allowed in all the bars up there

Inside the bar

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A Friday afternoon at another bar, this place was packed

Imagine doing 40mph on a sled coming around the corner and seeing these guys

The resort where we stayed

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another bar

Belle the mascot of above bar

This is what happens when a deer is standing in the trail
Tree/Deer win - Sledder goes home with a busted sled

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Cool pictures! Glad you guys got the snow!!! And the deer aren't afraid either. Did you see any moose or wolf?.

Who's sled is that? Yours?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Cool! I'm having a hard time with the first pic of the bar. What is that, a deck on top of it or something?

Wait wait wait. Another JLer stayed at that same resort recently. I remember that "Welcome end of the road" sign.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Where are Hunter and Duke? You went without them? Who was taking care of them?

Nice pictures? Where are the pictures from the bar with the girls around?

Only three months till the ice thaws and Hershey is back at Crow Hassen.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool! I'm having a hard time with the first pic of the bar. What is that, a deck on top of it or something?

Wait wait wait. Another JLer stayed at that same resort recently. I remember that "Welcome end of the road" sign.

Where the guy is walking it is actually a river, the bar is behind me.

Thunders Mom went there a couple of weeks ago, stayed in the same place, lumpy beds, no tv, but plenty of beer!

And nope, no Wolves or Moose. Did see a few Bald Eagles flying above.

Ed, the wife was watching the boys, she actually took them to the dog park while I was gone.

No girls allowed!!!! This is a beer drinking, pizza eating, farting, snoring guys weekend. Although there were a few girls around the bars.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts

That was me Amy! We stayed up there a couple of weeks ago. Sounds like Hunter had more snow than we did!

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
great pics, robert! looks like you had a blast(except for whomever hit the deer on their sled.)

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
great pics, robert! looks like you had a blast(except for whomever hit the deer on their sled.)
Yea, we had a great time, even made it to bed by midnight on most nights.

The guy that banged up his sled was not me, it was a guy in our group. He came around the corner a little to fast, deer on the trail, he swerved, got sucked into the woods and met Mr. Tree. Knocked the exhaust loose, by the time he limped the 30 miles back to the resort he could not hear a **** thing.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun. How come we never get to see you in the pics? SU wants a sled. I told him to choose, hunting or a sled. There was no more discussion of the sled. LOL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts