Just Labradors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been looking for ways to cut costs, and Comcast offered us a Triple Play deal that is cheaper than what we've been paying for internet and cable, plus $100 in rebates if we send the forms and the first bill in by June 30. We took it.

They said Vonage will not release a phone number for 15 working days, so I opted to have our home number changed and said I will cancel Vonage. The phone has never even been hooked up for this number. We use it for when you have to provide a phone number for something, but don't want to be called. I would get an email when we had a voice mail, and I would call in and listen to it. No calls were ever made out on the line.

Tried to cancel Vonage online, can't be done. Have to call. So, I called.

I was on the phone almost 25 minutes trying to cancel the **** service. :mad: The woman kept trying to sell me another service. Each time she started with "Would you be interested ..." I said "No thank you, please just cancel the service." After over a dozen times, I was pissed and asked to speak to a manager. She says "I am a customer service manager." So I told her to stop trying to be a sales person, listen to what the customer is saying, and comply. STOP trying to sell me something I don't want!

I understand it's their job to try to keep customers and sell you anything they can - but after a dozen times of polite "No, thank yous" you'd think she'd get the freaking message! Finally, mission accomplished.

Now we will have more services and unlimited long distance for about $35 less per month. :D

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Oh - I had a similar meltdown on my health insurance company today. They terminated my 19 yo sons coverage even though I sent them the freaking forms ON TIME to prove that he was enrolled FT in college. And - I would not have gone off the deep end except that this is easily the 4th time they have done this with one of my dependents and I have to send them my proof over and over until on of their Troglodite CSR's finally follow through.

How did I know they terminated him??? He went to the doctors and the insurance clerk told him in front of all the other patients waiting that his coverage was cancelled. Grrrrr......

I sicced my home office benefits person on them - I have had it.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I had the exact same problem with Vonage when we canceled it in 2006! I recall finally saying something to the effect of, "I'm canceling your service because I hate it. I think it fundamentally sucks. Now please cancel my service or give me a supervisor who will."

So annoying!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Remember too, that quite a few people call and threaten to cancel just to get a better deal. I call XM and tell them I want to cancel every year, just so I can continue getting service for $77/year (way cheaper than 12.95 a month). But then I also remember the old days of AOHell, where you could never cancel.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had the exact same problem with Vonage when we canceled it in 2006! I recall finally saying something to the effect of, "I'm canceling your service because I hate it. I think it fundamentally sucks. Now please cancel my service or give me a supervisor who will."

So annoying!
Bill said that I should have told her that SHE is a prime example of why I am canceling their service. They don't listen to their customers! :p

·
Registered
13,524 Posts

So annoying!
I called last week to cancel Vonage and got the same response. I told them that their service sucks, we had switched to Comcast and now can actually use the phone. When I called to cancel DishNetwork, they offered to lower my bill . . . they should have thought of that before. Thanks, but no thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.