Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help, harlee finished playing aroung 815 and i fed her around 9pm tonight, she was fine after playing...she came in i fed her..she has thrown up about 10 times and drooling (started vomitting about 10 mins after she ate). I think her stomach feels ok..

I am sooooo paranoid about bloat....what do I do...just wait and see if the vomitting subsides?

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Was she playing pretty hard and then ate immediately after? I'd definitely be watching her carefully. I'd probably call the vet, too, and definitely watch her for acting strange at all. Bloat is, unfortunately, very common in bigger dogs, especially when eating right before or after playing.

If she does okay over night and doesn't throw up any more, see if she will drink water and keep it down. I would maybe consider not feeding her until tomorrow night to give her tummy time to settle down.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Harlee stopped throwing up, probably as I was writing the post. SHe didn't throw up at all through the night and she ate breakfast this morning (should have read your response first Justine) . She seems fine, she just peed and pooped.

Maybe she didn't rest enough before she ate (45mins) so her stomach was upset? I think she is fine but I will continue to watch her...I was just very upset because she doesn't typically get sick.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi everyone thanks for your concern
Harlee seems like herself today, the only thing i could find in the yard was an empty robins egg, would this be enough to make her stomach that upset?

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Hi everyone thanks for your concern
Harlee seems like herself today, the only thing i could find in the yard was an empty robins egg, would this be enough to make her stomach that upset?

If Harlee ate it, I think she would consider it a tasty delicacy! Seriously, they will eat lots worse, believe me. I doubt that would cause the stomach upset. I always wait about an hour after exercise before I allow Tal and Barney to eat anything. I let them drink small quantities of water until they settle down a bit.

·
Registered
746 Posts
If Harlee ate it, I think she would consider it a tasty delicacy! Seriously, they will eat lots worse, believe me. I doubt that would cause the stomach upset. I always wait about an hour after exercise before I allow Tal and Barney to eat anything. I let them drink small quantities of water until they settle down a bit.
I agree. Give plenty of time for them to settle down and stop panting after playing etc. Also, if she ate the robins egg, i doubt she would have left the shell.;) (I've never seen a Lab unwrap something before eating it. :D)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts